VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting some standard steels banded. I've got a set off a vito that are better condition do they fit straight on or do you need spigots ??? And any advice on company's that you have used and sizes etc will be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just band your own T4 steels dude will look better, if your going to put merc rims on put alloys on. As long as there 5x112 PCD most AUDI VW rims will fit with AUDI/VW M14 bolts , A:some Merc are only M12 bolts dude so your bolts will be no good , then your in to buying aftermarket bolts which could be £50 before you even look at the cost of the rims lol. Stick with VW steels you can use the same bolts , they will suit the van better , you can still fit VW hub caps , Job done A:

·
Registered
392 Posts
i'm setling for 15" T4 steels banded to 8" front 8'5" rear or maybe 9" rear.
Spigots are a pain and new bolts are expensive, once banded the T4 steels will look as good any other, its just a case of whether you prefer 16" over 15". Ive been looking into this a fair bit recently and what you lose in wheel size can easily be made up with tyre so theres no real difference really. I'm even thinking of stretching the original 195 70 15 tyres over the banded wheel :ILU:

·
Registered
392 Posts
how are spigots a pain!

about £5 from ebay..

as for bolts...i sale them for £29 shipped for a set of 20...
The ones I bought from eBay were a pain. They never sat right and the van felt smoother with them taken off. I may not have put them on right or perhaps they were rubbish ones, but either way my experience with spigots has been a pain. All the extras do add up, especially when you don't have any experience with whats required and things like tyre changes costing £10 per wheel, so every penny saved is pretty important for me, if I've got a set of bolts then £30 for another set is quite expensive. Just pointing out for those on a tight budget like me ;)

·
Somebody stop me!
11,892 Posts
Never had a problem with spiggots either, the ones on my BBS RK2's are properly solid aluminium but i have had just as good results from the cheap Ebay plastic type T:T:T:

FWIW Si is the man to speak to about banded steels bud, he knows the offsets and widths that work, one member on here got it badly wrong before so its best to go to someone who knows T:T:T:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
i'm setling for 15" T4 steels banded to 8" front 8'5" rear or maybe 9" rear.
Spigots are a pain and new bolts are expensive, once banded the T4 steels will look as good any other, its just a case of whether you prefer 16" over 15". Ive been looking into this a fair bit recently and what you lose in wheel size can easily be made up with tyre so theres no real difference really. I'm even thinking of stretching the original 195 70 15 tyres over the banded wheel :ILU:
You Might find some Galaxy wheels in 16" No Spigots needed there :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a set of T5 wheels, (no tyre's) in my shed if anybody wants them? Ideal for a cut and band project. Pick them up in King's Lynn and I'll do ya a mug of tea and a bacon sarnie. Larry.

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Are banded rims legal!!!!!!
why would they not be...

a standard steel wheel is a outer and inner welded together in 8 places!

take a look at many heavy lorries and see how there wheels are constructed

all depends on who does them.....some idiot in there shed with a hobby mig or some coded welder in a workshop with latest tech,all machine rolled welded

·
Registered
194 Posts
Jus I read somewhere mayb in different country they were illegal. I assume because they been cut and welded not made one piece. If there legal then shweet

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
Also have a Vito steel package up for grabs

4 brand new wheels
Banding to 8.5 front and 9j rear
Powder coated in gloss black
Fitted with 4 x 215 55 16 97w xl tyres
Shipping via tnt

Ready in 2 weeks..

£895 shipped,which is usually my package price for used tyres fitted...

·
Registered
266 Posts
I might have set of 16" Merc Vitos for sale(if I cant get someone to put tyres on), brand new, never been on my Van. I just want what I shelled out for them £460

1 - 19 of 19 Posts