VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bargain priced 800 special starter van, £1200

Bargain priced 800 special T4, For Sale 1995 N reg 800 special 1.9d. This is a 91000 miles unmolested original van.Everything is where it should be, Mot'd till Nov 13, Taxed end April. 2 x captains seats, very tidy in the cab area with no holes/gouges/scrapes on the dashboard.Engine is an excellent runner, only just had £180 spent last week on new battery and glow plugs.I drove it 150 miles yesterday and it was a pleasure to drive,no rattles,bumps or clunks from this van.Arches need a tidy up,but top half is spot on,A great budget starter van for someone after a little tidy up.I am located in Fife, Scotland, but close to train and plane links. Looking for £1200, which i think is a bargain as i see non runners selling for more on Ebay. £1200

·
Registered
90 Posts
Re: Bargain priced 800 special starter van, £1200

Is that a PAS resevoir in one of the pics? Don't know much about the older models. How slow is it?
Years of road salt is probably to blame for the arches, what's underneath like?
Where's it from etc. history?

Not looking for a non-turbo but you never know...

Cheers

Also, has the roof rack affected the roof in any way i.e. when it comes off will there be rust/bolt holes etc?

Ta

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

yep it has power steering,its not that slow to be honest i even had it doing 80 yesterday (on a private road ;)) History stamped up till 40k, then maintained buy themselves after that, no issues underneath ?????

·
Registered
90 Posts

80MPH isn't the issue, it's how long it takes to get there :eek: Don't like revving poor old Diesel's on the motorway anyway.
Underneath????? I was wondering whether there's anything underneath rotten, as the arches have obviously suffered over the years, like wishbones, springs etc. I suspect bushes are perishing unless replaced? Are there receipts for the un-stamped work?
It's hard to tell if the arches will just need a good clean up, smooth over and paint or a full weld job, whether it be new arches or a bit of patching up.
Do you know how the rack is fitted btw?

Cheers

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

80MPH isn't the issue, it's how long it takes to get there :eek: Don't like revving poor old Diesel's on the motorway anyway.
Underneath????? I was wondering whether there's anything underneath rotten, as the arches have obviously suffered over the years, like wishbones, springs etc. I suspect bushes are perishing unless replaced? Are there receipts for the un-stamped work?
It's hard to tell if the arches will just need a good clean up, smooth over and paint or a full weld job, whether it be new arches or a bit of patching up.
Do you know how the rack is fitted btw?

Cheers

Mate, dont take this the wrong way, but you are asking Rolls Royce questions for an old basic starter van,i dont know if any bushes need replaced, there are no bumps or clunks, as it drives really well, the van is by no means rotten, nor a dog !!. you could fill the arches, or replace them if buyer was keeping the van long term ?. Rack is bolted in to the gutter (T4's have holes in the gutter for racks)

·
Registered
90 Posts

Just trying to get an idea of what money it wants putting into it. I suppose what you are both saying is that i should happily throw £1200 at you for it? Wait...£1200? Thought it was £120

·
Premium Member
593 Posts

just trying to get an idea of what money it wants putting into it. I suppose what you are both saying is that i should happily throw £1200 at you for it? Wait...£1200? Thought it was £120
lol:lol:lol:lol:

·
Registered
9,434 Posts

I aint got the space or £1200 kickin about or I'd buy it. Will also be a doddle to DIY service.
I had bubbling arches on my 2000 2.5tdi, you could have had that for £7k ;)
Good base van for very little cash.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts

Its worth 1200 to break

engine£££
Gearbox £££
tailgate and conversion parts£££
captains seats and bases ££££

Theres ya £1200 already ^

GLWS

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Just trying to get an idea of what money it wants putting into it. I suppose what you are both saying is that i should happily throw £1200 at you for it? Wait...£1200? Thought it was £120
Im not wanting you to throw £1200 at it for me ??, thats not what i said. But with your £120 comment i wouldnt sell it to you now anyway if you were to offer me 3 grand.And there was me offering you advice on a previos thread earlier today, so please go and chuck your toys elsewhere

As for the rest of the comments, cheers guys T:. We all know what t4's sell for, and you cant get base starter vans at this price on Ebay. Non runners sell for more I:. The arches are rough, but the top half just needs a polish, so bottom half paint job up to the line and it would make a cracking starting van for someone (Chuck a home made conversion in the back and enjoy the summer). Okay a 1.9 is never gonna set the world on fire, but you wouldnt believe how well this van runs/drives T:

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts

Im not wanting you to throw £1200 at it for me ??, thats not what i said. But with your £120 comment i wouldnt sell it to you now anyway if you were to offer me 3 grand.And there was me offering you advice on a previos thread earlier today, so please go and chuck your toys elsewhere

As for the rest of the comments, cheers guys T:. We all know what t4's sell for, and you cant get base starter vans at this price on Ebay. Non runners sell for more I:. The arches are rough, but the top half just needs a polish, so bottom half paint job up to the line and it would make a cracking starting van for someone (Chuck a home made conversion in the back and enjoy the summer). Okay a 1.9 is never gonna set the world on fire, but you wouldnt believe how well this van runs/drives T:
as said interested mate....!

·
Registered
90 Posts

Didn't realise i had thrown my toys out, mate. Just wanted to get a more detailed picture of the van but the feeling i got from your reply was that i should see it as a good deal, something i was unsure of as i don't know as much as you and everyone else obviously does about these vans.

The £120 joke was with reference to the £12000 joke - both s**t.

Could have got on the train either tomorrow or Thursday. I actually like the older model after browsing your pics and have been considering just throwing £1200 at you.

·
Registered
9,434 Posts

Didn't realise i had thrown my toys out, mate. Just wanted to get a more detailed picture of the van but the feeling i got from your reply was that i should see it as a good deal, something i was unsure of as i don't know as much as you and everyone else obviously does about these vans.

The £120 joke was with reference to the £12000 joke - both s**t.

Could have got on the train either tomorrow or Thursday. I actually like the older model after browsing your pics and have been considering just throwing £1200 at you.
Rikki !

No defence here, but T4Virgin had loads of ( really) daft questions asked about something he sold sometime back. He is one of the good guys round here.
There are far worse you could do business with and he won't pull the wool with his descriptions or opinions.
This is a very cheap van indeed.
Dave T:.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts

Who would have thought it would have been so much hassle sell a £1200 T4.
Think I will keep my 4k van another 2 yrs if this is what happensLOL:

·
Registered
96 Posts

in the same boat t4 virgin a none runner will sell for 1200 on ebay its not a show winner but could be for half the price of one thats been done already

·
Registered
192 Posts

jesus! imagine a potential buyer having the audacity to ask a few reasonable questions............................I:

glws.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts