659 Posts
Re: Bargain priced 800 special starter van, £1200

Cheap at 1200 mate properly the cheapest in the country that runs glws

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

The £120 joke was with reference to the £12000 joke - both s**t.

Could have got on the train either tomorrow or Thursday. I actually like the older model after browsing your pics and have been considering just throwing £1200 at you.
I must have picked you up wrong then, and apologise as i thought the £120 comment was an insult meaning that you wouldnt give me £120 for it,I understand you dont have masses of experience of t4's. Thats why i offered you buying advice on the vans you were considering earlier. Read through all my posts, i have time for anyone on here old members or new ones, and if i can help someone i will.The van is what it is, a bit rough around the edges but mechanically sound. Drives well, i have had 2002/2003 vans that clunk and bang over every bump on the road.At the end of the day it all depends what you need a van for, some people can afford show winners, and some people buy the best they can afford at that time, then tinker around at nights/weekends T:

·
Administrator
5,511 Posts

A month ago I brought my T4 a 98 with the 1.9td engine. The most I had to spend was 1200 I got offered one locally with an absolutely solid engine but when the bloke said there were some dinks in the body he wasn't wrong. Ever panel and both bumpers were damaged, two panels were even stored in, I thanks him for his time and walked away. I found on eBay the van I have now, very 235000 miles on the clock and an apparent recon engine fitted two years ago but nothing to back it up. With some bartering I paid £1300. No history just v5 and mot. Got it home and drove great however looking closer the following day found three holes int the rear arch boxes. The outer rear arches are crusty, the front sills are crusty and front arches so all need replacing. Paint really faded. Also loosing water from somewhere but I would still say that at £1300 I got a good deal especially at the prices of t4s.

Looking at this one I would say its worth every penny going by the sellers description and if anything worth more. Seller also has a good reputation from what I can see so someone looks like they are going to get a good deal here

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

Rikki !

No defence here, but T4Virgin had loads of ( really) daft questions asked about something he sold sometime back. He is one of the good guys round here.
There are far worse you could do business with and he won't pull the wool with his descriptions or opinions.
This is a very cheap van indeed.
Dave T:.
I can vouch for him, bought a van off him recently and he is a man of his word.

·
Registered
232 Posts

just looking at that wee van reminds me of my first one..800 special 1995..they were a well made van..no racer by any stretch but not too bad at all at pulling etc..

21 - 28 of 28 Posts