VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as my ex-AA has solid barn doors with dents, chips and all sorts where the glass should be, i'd like to get some OE spec glass in them. thing is, what would be cheaper/easier? sourcing the glass and getting it professionally fitted or buying some second hand glassed doors and getting them sprayed?
if all this fails, how hard is it to fit a tailgate?
thanks in advance lads T:

·
Registered
136 Posts
as my ex-AA has solid barn doors with dents, chips and all sorts where the glass should be, i'd like to get some OE spec glass in them. thing is, what would be cheaper/easier? sourcing the glass and getting it professionally fitted or buying some second hand glassed doors and getting them sprayed?
if all this fails, how hard is it to fit a tailgate?
thanks in advance lads T:
best price i've found so far was 130 per door to have it cut, and glass fitted.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Where was that mate as keen on finding out how to get glass in mine. although sure i could put them in myself.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wouldn't recommend converting to a tailgate. I've done it myself and it's quite a bit of work, measuring, guessing, drilling, filing and wiring. I do prefer having a tailgate though, but if I ever change my van I'll look for one already with.
I've still got the windowed doors I took off my ex AA. If the guy who won them on ebay doesn't come good, PM me if you'd be interested.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wouldn't recommend converting to a tailgate. I've done it myself and it's quite a bit of work, measuring, guessing, drilling, filing and wiring. I do prefer having a tailgate though, but if I ever change my van I'll look for one already with.
I've still got the windowed doors I took off my ex AA. If the guy who won them on ebay doesn't come good, PM me if you'd be interested.
PM sent! T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts