VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, had some work done to van and need to adjust the outer handle on the left barn door. when you try to open the door from outside you really have to press handle as far as possible to get lock on top edge of door to release. how do i adjust it to respond sooner, if that makes sense. which bar is the one to adjust as per this photo from a different post
http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=144687&page=2
any ideas, ??? thanks.carol. oh, its a 2007 1.9, have haynes manual but it doesnt really tell how to adjust that particular problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I recently did a bit of work on my back door and I noted(once I have removed the cover panel) , that the door unlock mechanism was somewhat like coathanger wire , but threaded at the ends with a ball and socket clip on the end ,I assume if you pull off the ball socket and screw it a little further onto the wire, in effect making it shorter, then re attach the socket end, it will have less to travel whilst operating the door open handle....

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, they took the lower bar out of the clip and turned till it was shorter and it pulled the handle tighter and more responsive, very easy.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in the link on my original post, #13 shows the photo and it is the bar up to the right of the number 2, just pop it out of the holder and adjust the thread length by turning. hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts