VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started putting the van-x curtains up on my barn doors today but wasn't exactly chuffed with the fit. They seemed a bit on the baggy side. :(

They were a nice tight fit when I put a set in my T4. Has anyone else with barn doors fitted these and if so, how high up did you fix the top rail? Any pics as well?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
My T5 ones are baggy also. I fixed the rail to the inner lip of the window.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like they supplied you with the same pattern top and bottom rail??

Mine came with a rail for mounting them in the vertical surface above.

Will go take a pic. 2 tics

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had to chop pieces off to fit around the top door latch part and also painted them white.

Top runners are definately different (from what I can make out in your pic)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Yeah, top and bottom are the same. The curtain becomes loose on the inner side as you close them on mine so I use a little bit of tape to seal the gap, yours doesn't look to have the same problem

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll take some more pics tomorrow in daylight as they are baggy when not tied back.

I can't think of any other way to make them tighter other than going higher with the top rail.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'll take some more pics tomorrow in daylight as they are baggy when not tied back.

I can't think of any other way to make them tighter other than going higher with the top rail.
Swap the rails around Matt (top-bottom) and fix the lower rail lower down, thats how he fits them! the tailgate is the sameT:

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They'll need a bit of cutting with a hacksaw as they're way too long in the length that they come.

I just bent them over the workmate and bashed the hell out of them with the hammer to bend them. :D

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
On my white T4 van (barn doors) I had Van-x curtains fitted. Both rails were the same (thin ones), but he supplied me with side curtains, which are slightly shorter and were always held under tension.

On my new T4 van (tailgate). Both rails are different. I asked Razzer about this and he said they had changed the rails for use on T5's and they now use the same one on all vans. The flat rail should go at the top and the angled rail should go at the bottom. On the front of the tailgate, rather than in the window recess. Hope that makes sense, you should be able to see how they are fixed in my build photos.

Cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts