VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
google search " carnopy" foget who had it at holton classic looked good and cheap

designed for the rear of a car just been adapted to fit the side door
That was me! uses suction cups and it fits on the side, rear and on the front over an open bonnet for those late night "gotta get it fixed before the show tommorrow" moments! :D

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have done this.
Solution = Fishing umbrella
It takes 5 sec to put up, you'll get no rain, i use this when i work on my van, gives a bit of shelter from the elements.
Just got to find a way of tieing is down, has lifted in the wind a couple of times.
What about the handle though? Doesn't that get in the way?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Hey guys!
Ive worked with both magnet signs and outdoor banners and heres my thoughts...

sign magnets - wont be strong enough.
Outdoor sign material - would need to be hung up with hooks or something as it's really quite heavy! But would look flippin amazing with some vinyl graphics done on it!! also not as flimsy as tent material. It is heavy stuff tho!

I have a ton of the banner material in my loft, with ringletts and stiched aswell, not sure how big they are, think Ive got two sizes. Will pull one out sometime and se what can be done. Think it would be easy to just put some hoks on the door to hang it and then velcro on the sides to keep it in place...

hmm this has got me thinking!!

My bed from the van is in bits all over my livign room floor at the moment, so one project at a time!!!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
I've been thinking of something like this for a year or so. i saw the karve one and thought it looked great. they also did one with a zip up rear panel to fully enclose the rear doors. they haven't updated their website for a year or so - have they gone bust....? they were quite expensive...I:

41 - 50 of 50 Posts