VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am shortly going to buy a Transporter for my new business venture in France. Ideally I would want a LHD so I am probably going to try and get one with the help of friends in Germany, although I was wondering if there was anywhere in the UK where I would be able to get one, I have searched but had little luck. Also being quite clueless about cars in general, what mileage limits should I be looking at, I've heard the transporters are very reliable but could I really consider one that has done 250,000 plus miles? what sort of mpg would I get on a diesel model

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Buy the newest one with the lowest possible milage
Make up your mind as to what engine & what gearbox U need
Clarify the french import matter PRIOR to buying a car, I for a fact know there was issues a few years ago (T4 Multi 2.4D)
Rush slowely nowT:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am shortly going to buy a Transporter for my new business venture in France. Ideally I would want a LHD so I am probably going to try and get one with the help of friends in Germany, although I was wondering if there was anywhere in the UK where I would be able to get one, I have searched but had little luck. Also being quite clueless about cars in general, what mileage limits should I be looking at, I've heard the transporters are very reliable but could I really consider one that has done 250,000 plus miles? what sort of mpg would I get on a diesel model
hi m8 gota sell my t4 be cos of boris an lezz 148,000 white full rock an roll fitted with 3 belts audi wheels clear indercators led hid fronts ect can send pics £5000 or near offer . mike,

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
German ebay is your best bet. Viewing will be hard, but import into france is possible but a bit long winded (isnt everything in france).
LHD cars do often sell for less in the uk, but a LHD t4 would be nearly impossible to find.
Plus if you buy from germany, you could get one of the models made for the german market only, more HP lots of goodies which weren't available anywhere else.
What and where is your new business? Need any employees?

·
Registered
513 Posts
German Ebay for show! I'm based in germany and there are loads of bargains to be had on there. Plus you will get the continental headlights, rear fog light and quite possible winter tryes with it. All a must when in europe. Good luck T:

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have a German spec 150bhp Multivan which I may have to sell to fund a building project.

It would be cheaper than buying from Germany at the moment due to the exchange rate.

The bus is in Chester, UK

Let me know if you are interested via pm

:ILU:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts