VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So getting flat batt every 2 days... Nothing new fitted but I did get a new battery in case old 1 was problem so.... Its got a 0.73 ma pull I have had every internal and engine bay fuse out had the battery's tray out and had all the big fuses out under unplugged radio rear cameras leisure bat side lights... Still never drops from a 73 pull.... Any ideas?? Known pull faults?

·
Special Rapporteur
9,679 Posts
0.73mA? Why do you care? A bit of maths suggests that a typical 80Ah battery would take at least a year to discharge at that rate - the battery's internal self-discharge rate is probably higher than that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Aftermarket stereo or alarm are the most common battery draws

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry traffic be 0.75 a not ma my bad...
Drains after few days

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aftermarket stereo or alarm are the most common battery draws
Had the full radio out all the fuses the lot nothing drops... So it in wiring or another known problem was thinking altinator but had the big fuse out for it under battery and no drap on amps

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
0.73mA? Why do you care? A bit of maths suggests that a typical 80Ah battery would take at least a year to discharge at that rate - the battery's internal self-discharge rate is probably higher than that.
Sorry traffic be 0.75 a not ma my bad...
Drains after few days

·
Special Rapporteur
9,679 Posts
Ok - a thousand times more. Three quarters of an amp is a surprising amount, because it's too high to be any of the factory control modules, I think.

From memory, J519 when in "fully on" mode only takes about a third of that.

For comparison, both sidelights illuminated on one side of the vehicle take around that much current. In relative terms it's a lot - anything taking 0.75A all the time should be warm to the touch. Is it fair to assume that you've checked the battery positive terminal and there are no additional feeds coming off than just the factory loom?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah but think standard they take 0.4 so anthing over like 73 in my case is 0.33.. nearlt halfing my battery life Just my amp and i took it off befor... i double tested it as installed it my self to maksure it was turning off with radio pulse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts