VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 T5.1 SWB 2.0L manual
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I check the levels on the van battery and leisure battery....this I what I get....leisure is one light from full and van one is usually at the lowest level and solid red. I've put it on trickle/condition and now the van battery light is flashing red. Is the battery goosed?
IMAG0988.jpg
IMAG0989.jpg

·
Special Rapporteur
10,147 Posts
What is the actual voltage of the van battery?

What model of Sargent power supply system do you have (I can see what control panel you have but don't know what power supply controller you have).

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've no idea what the actual voltage is. This is the user manual for the Sargent
IMAG0990.jpg

·
Special Rapporteur
10,147 Posts
Of course, you'll already have checked, but I have to ask: have you checked Fuse 9?

If the van still starts, I'd be prepared to bet that the control panel is not showing the vehicle battery voltage correctly, but the only way you'll know for sure is to have the leisure battery tested. Do Halfords still do a battery test for free? It's a while since I last bought a battery there. Otherwise a cheap cigar lighter socket voltmeter should be less than a fiver on Ebay.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't checked fuse 9...which one is that? No idea about Halfords. I'll see about a voltage tester 😁

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well that went sideways 🤦🏻‍♂️ Battery is fine.....pulled fuse on the inside unit and the bloody thing fell inside 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Zero way to retrieve it!!!!! It'll have to live in there now.

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,257 Posts
Well that went sideways 🤦🏻‍♂️ Battery is fine.....pulled fuse on the inside unit and the bloody thing fell inside 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Zero way to retrieve it!!!!! It'll have to live in there now.
I would not leave it in there! drive around and the loose fuse will move around. only a matter of time for the blade to short something out and that could be an expensive repair.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts