VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right i gotta good battery and new alternator

buuuuut
when the engines running and nothing else is on the alternator light comes on really dull untill i either rev it or turn something on like radio or heater cant see it being low power as it would get brighhter when i put something on surly?
could it just be an earth and i do get a slight dim and bright thisng going on with interior light when hazzards are on

·
Registered
405 Posts
Is your alternator belt slipping slightly? (did you put on a new belt when you changed the alternator?) This may not be the answer, just where i would look first..... I:

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Check the earth strap to the gearbox. Remove and clean. Check and clean battery connections. Finally, check the blue wire connection at the alternator, they do crack and corrode here.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers folks earth issue was my first though but might stick a new belt on too as its not the tightest in the world, gonna check all the earths and might stick an extra on for good measure as if i have lights radio and wipers on then put heater on full sterio cuts out for a brief second godd places to start cheers again guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts