VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

was heading home from shops today and noticed the battery light on.

i know enough to work out the battery isn't getting any charge, voltage is 12.49 across the battery, 12.32 when running. belt is intact.

am i looking at a new alternator, or are there simpler (hopefully cheaper) things to look at first? :gl

many thanks,

nobby

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Check the regulator brushes first. Easy enough to take out. Video on YouTube under Bosch alternator refurb or something like that. If it is the regulator then just kampers do them and there is some on eBay at £19.95 with free postage T:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the regulator brushes first. Easy enough to take out. Video on YouTube under Bosch alternator refurb or something like that. If it is the regulator then just kampers do them and there is some on eBay at £19.95 with free postage T:
many thanks :)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
No worriesT: also check the thin blue wire that plugs into alternator. Mine battery light came on yesterday. Was thinking another reg in as many months but there was a break in the wire, so one crimp connector later and it was fixedT:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers again. would you have a link to the regulator i need, tdi 102 2.5 '01 plate ACV?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 9 of 9 Posts