VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have just fitted a split charge kit to a T5. I have put a leisure battery that is 190 mm high under the passenger seat and the vehicle has a Sportscraft swivel seat with the nut on top for leisure batteries. However the stud type posts are touching the base when I try to put the swivel base on. I have since tried the quick release type which are plastic. They are still touching but I could fit the swivel base down.

Would this be ok or can someone suggest an alternative. I know I could get a smaller battery but that would be quite a costly option. I cannot seen to find a suitable terminal that is lower in height.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I had the same problem i just placed a washer spacer between the seat base and swivel and used longer bolts worked perfectly.

·
Special Rapporteur
8,727 Posts
If you're Ok to solder a terminal on, I've had a good, low-profile result with a pair of these:

If you take out the fixing screws you can solder the cable in instead of screwing, and then a plastic shroud over the top. You do need to use a gas torch though - few soldering irons have enough power.

·
140 DSG Shuttle SE full Camper
2,228 Posts
Which way round have you got the battery? As the seat base tapers towards the front you need to put the battery at the back of the base with the terminals at the back, I also cut a hole in the carpet & cut a piece of MDF around the ribs in the floor to level it up for the battery to sit on as low as possible then used the clamp on terminals with the plastic covers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi. I have looked at raising the seat using spacers. Does the trick and clears the base. The only issue this has is that I can only raise the rear because the studs on the seat base are too short to put spacers at the front. I think it will be ok though. Thanks all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts