VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just exchanged a battery at a moter factors as they admitted the first one supplied was underpowered. This thing that came up on there website is physically enormous. I had removed old battery and took it in another vehicle as that vehicle also needed a battery change. I now have a battery that looks too big to fit in the compartment and due to a hernia repair I have to arrange some assistance to try fit it.
Its 353 mm long 190 high and 175 wide. Varta H3 silver 100amp 830. I don't think there would be more than a cm or maybe two each side of gap.

There was a bosch or varta battery options at 278 long. Shall I try or go for a smaller one at 77amps instead of the 100amp this one has. Nice to have the power capacity but do I need it? Its mid camper conversion and eventually it will have a leisure battery but the main battery is doing a bit of extra lighting etc but I keep it very brief.
Thanks

·
Registered
13,845 Posts
Yes that'll fit Surfy T:

We bought a yuasa yxb5019 and thats exactly the same dimensions as what youve mentioned so i know it'll physically fit. ;)

Quite a few people have gone for bigger batteries , ours is 100ah 900cca no complaints here T:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's good to hear. I looks a bit tricky to get in and I was concerned about the weight but I guess that's not really a problem but I have never felt a battery so heavy. had to prep and paint the tray today so try fit tomoz. Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
13,845 Posts
I was originally concerned about the physical size but knowing other guys on here had already got them fitted i went ahead and ordered one .

I had to remove the plastic divider type thing at the side of the battery
first, tuck the nearside end of the battery in to the wing corner and then finally drop it into place ,bolt down , refit any plastic work and reconnect your leads ...not too much of a fight really .

Let your helpful assistant do the heavy bit and you can hold the leads out of the way T:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just exchanged a battery at a moter factors as they admitted the first one supplied was underpowered. This thing that came up on there website is physically enormous. I had removed old battery and took it in another vehicle as that vehicle also needed a battery change. I now have a battery that looks too big to fit in the compartment and due to a hernia repair I have to arrange some assistance to try fit it.
Its 353 mm long 190 high and 175 wide. Varta H3 silver 100amp 830. I don't think there would be more than a cm or maybe two each side of gap.

There was a bosch or varta battery options at 278 long. Shall I try or go for a smaller one at 77amps instead of the 100amp this one has. Nice to have the power capacity but do I need it? Its mid camper conversion and eventually it will have a leisure battery but the main battery is doing a bit of extra lighting etc but I keep it very brief.
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts