VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone who supplies battery trays enabling the placing of 2 batteries in the front.
There was someone on the old forum that had them but I never received a reply to my enquiry.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hi realyweely,

I've not got one available at the moment although I can ask my stainless steel man to make up another if you want one. The sad part is the price, I suspect they will still be around £60 posted (Parcel Post) and that's just the plate all be it stout stainless steel.

If you like to have a look at this http://www.vwbooks.co.uk/new_camper/auxillary_battery.htm . I started to build some web pages of the T4 conversion three years back but ran out of time whilst doing the conversion.

Maybe I'll make an attempt with the T5 that I am doing now!

Cheers,

Rod.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks rod. Can they be made up in Mild steel. SS is OK but its a bit lost away down in the battery pit.

·
Registered
124 Posts
DavieT4, any chance of that template please? I got loads of mates in the ' fabrication trade' and can get things fabricated quite easily (one offs, not production runs!), and powder coated. One of these trays would make life so much easier! You may already have my email from the wiring diagrams?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Cheers Rod. Very usefull.

I have a fabricator / welder / Powder coater / printer / signwriter contact in kent who will produce a tray for me. (and any stickers or flags etc if anyone's interested??T:)

I am thinking of having it made in mild steel and powder coated (maybe zinc coated steel or similar). Do you think that this would work ok? The fabricator is ready and waiting for me to forward the sketch.

Also, my van is a 1.9D 1995 (N) short nose. Do you know if the plate will fit the same? (do you know of anyone that has used your template on this model without mods?)

If you think a powder coated mild steel would work, I can let you know a price if you like??? Might be a more cost effetive solution???

·
Registered
124 Posts
Oh, and forgot, have you any pictures of the tray once fitted in a van? (it's a little hard to visualise from a diagram and a single photo of the tray?)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Cheers Rod. Will have a look at mine over the weekend to see if it will work. I have no ecu etc, so it should be nice and easy!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
307 Posts
DavieT4, any chance of that template please? I got loads of mates in the ' fabrication trade' and can get things fabricated quite easily (one offs, not production runs!), and powder coated. One of these trays would make life so much easier! You may already have my email from the wiring diagrams?
Would two of make it a production run?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts