VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My starter battery had gone flat, assume its due to van not moving for 5 months and the cold weather (!).

Took it out last weekend at put it on my optimate (which I have for maintaining my motorbike battery).

Been on "charge" status for nearly a week now, can hear it fizzing. I:

Surely it should be charged by now?!? - the optimate would normally switch to "maintain" once its charged.

Or is it just because its taking ages as its a much larger battery than the motorbike one?!? (I dont know the current output of the optimate, but surely even if it was only a couple of amps it'd be done by now?!?) :eek:

Battery was pretty new when I got the van 6 months ago, any ideas? :*

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ha,

Apparently the optimate bulk charge output is 0.6A! ha, might be done by next christmas then! LOL:

Think i'll leave that one for the motorbike and buy something a bit beefier for the van batteries, any recommendations? (Upspex can you give me a model and price for anything you supply?) T:

·
Full of Cr*p....
10,885 Posts
Have to laugh.... Specs for the RT10 ( I assume I got the right one)

Input voltage: 110 230V
12V, 20A array charger for big adaptation battery
Elegant appearance
With congenital fan
Short-circuit, over-voltage, over-current and changeabout polarity protectionHigh efficiency: added than 83 percent at rated loadWith CE certification

What the h*ll is one of those?....sounds painful to me!!!

Sometime...you may just to ACCEPT the "customer from Hell"......

BUT...I won't make you post to Norway....LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.