VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to sort out a roof bed and wondered what Reimo use for theirs.
Normal ply or something stronger?

·
Pedal box guru
2,616 Posts
Hi,

They use normal ply with aluminium channel to give it strength. then join the boards with piano hinge (if you go for a "Z" bed option)

I have several lengths of the channel if you need some!

Cheers Trev.

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Hey fella i made my own some time ago and used 15mm marine ply cut to the correct length and width by the woodshop i bought it from,so then after it was a direct fit for the roof's strenghtening frame and just needed hinge fixin at the rear and a couple of gas struts to hold it up out of the way until required.Oh and a sheet of 2" foam and some inca cloth to finish it off nicely T:

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

They use normal ply with aluminium channel to give it strength. then join the boards with piano hinge (if you go for a "Z" bed option)

I have several lengths of the channel if you need some!

Cheers Trev.
Trev, when you say channel, do you mean like a 'U' shape to fit over the edges along the lengths of the sheet?
I just want 1 flat sheet rather than the 'reimo' type

Hey fella i made my own some time ago and used 15mm marine ply cut to the correct length and width by the woodshop i bought it from,so then after it was a direct fit for the roof's strenghtening frame and just needed hinge fixin at the rear and a couple of gas struts to hold it up out of the way until required.Oh and a sheet of 2" foam and some inca cloth to finish it off nicely T:
Steve, Exactly what i'm hoping to do. How much weight would you say it would take? I am a fat :*

LOL:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Luke, get yerself round to Wessex Trailers mate, you'll get some f'ing solid 18mm marine ply from them, don't know about price but worth a try.T:

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Luke mine will easily take my weight and i reckon im taller and fatter than you.
If your in no rush then hangfire until Holton and have a look at mineT:

If you want to know anything sooner then PM me on the other side and ill drop you my phone number

:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts