VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Bed Design Help

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  bigcat 
#1 ·
Hello Lads and lassies looking for some help . i have been looking through the threads for home made bed designs (made from wood) i know i saw some great ones but i cant find them. anyway the way my van is set up is that i have the fridge,sink and hob in the back of my van see the photo below in order to be classified as a camper and thus paying way lower tax i need a bed. i was thinking of building one behind my 2 Front seats that would pull out and meet my rear seat when needed (probably not explaining myself very well)

See less See more
#2 ·
Your making good sense mate so don't worry about that. Does your rear seat fold down into a bed or is it a solid bench?

Take a snap of the interior so we can see what you have to work with. Hopefully able to help from there.

#6 ·
hi bud mine is a bit the same as yours and built this set up out of wood

lats are the seat base,put the frame into the slots,lift cushions up and pull
lats out there is a chanel for them on the cabinet,spread cushions out
jobs a good un! pleanty of storage under the bed befor and after.we
also put an airbed on the back shelf were my 6 year old grandaughter
sleeps.my board also fits inside bonus!T:

#11 · (Edited)
Used our homespun bed for 5 years now....90% bb grade birch plywood...simple, comfy, light ,works...

Altered very slightly now, driver side speaker box gone and cupboard / eberspacher has replaced it. Can be used as a single bed by leaving 2 pieces of upholstery at home.Takes about 3 mins to turn seating to bed and same to reverse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.