VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw some of the other posts about head linings, and since I haven't done the cab head lining (already done the rear in grey faux suede fabric) thought I'd go for it...and try something different :D

I'm right into ice climbing hence the choiceH:A: I didn't even know you could get fabric like this!

The few pics show it as it progressed:

Removed head lining

Covered it with fabric, cut out holes for light + other fittings
You will notice there is navy fabric at each side - the ice climbing fabric only came in set width which was too narrow, so i used some of the left over fabric I used for my r+r bed. Even had to use my mum's sewing machine.

Got my bro to help re-fit it...its one of those jobs where you need 2 pairs of hands

The finished job T:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Saw some of the other posts about head linings, and since I haven't done the cab head lining (already done the rear in grey faux suede fabric) thought I'd go for it...and try something different :D

I'm right into ice climbing hence the choiceH:A: I didn't even know you could get fabric like this!

The few pics show it as it progressed:

Removed head lining

Covered it with fabric, cut out holes for light + other fittings
You will notice there is navy fabric at each side - the ice climbing fabric only came in set width which was too narrow, so i used some of the left over fabric I used for my r+r bed. Even had to use my mum's sewing machine.

Got my bro to help re-fit it...its one of those jobs where you need 2 pairs of hands

The finished job T:
,,,,,,,,,,,,,nice workT: looks a piece a cake to do,,might have ado at ours when the time comes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts