VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it has 150K on it..

104 1.9 but it has a tail gate it's a 2004 coloured not white..

is it worth the hassle?

I am looking to convert with decent kit on the van but are the miles an issue or should I just put 2k to it and look for an 05 or 55 with 60k on it at auction??

which are about..

views please..

IT HAS TO BE RELIABLE

·
Registered
834 Posts
it has 150K on it..

104 1.9 but it has a tail gate it's a 2004 coloured not white..

is it worth the hassle?

I dont understand the "hassle" bit to be honest? if its the 150K then if its been regularly serviced then it shouldnt be a problem, just check the service history. Could also be worth finding out what it did to get 30K a year, if its all on the motorway then its not nearly as bad as lots of short start stop journeys.
If thats all good then you'll have an extra 2K to spend on pimping it up!
By the way, what colour is coloured not white??!! Rasp:

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
red,

and it's a plummers van. so I guess they are out and about alot

Whats getting me is that for the miles, I am about to sink another £1500+ on the conversion and with a converstion and the high miles it will not sell well.

any one here work in the trade ( I am going to try and see a mate later who is ) to PM me what the auction current prices are for these type of vans.

at this rate I might just buy my company van a White LWB 104 on a 05 with only 50K on it and then go and buy a newer van for the company might have to look at this, this way I get a secondhand van I know and am happy to drive to spain it in tomorrow

:confused:

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kind of where I am, I am sure the 150K mile van is a good one and if I was looking for a low cost company van with the right image then I wouldn't bat an eye lid.

But with hrs of work and lots of cost going into it I don't want to be changing Gearboxes and or worse engines with the converstion budget money..

I just had a look I will have to speak with my accountant but I could sell my mint 05 van to my self for a knock down price and then buy a newer van for the company this way I get both of what I want..but would still need to look for a tail gate for the converstion van.

Just seen a 06 LWB with AC and Elctric windows 25K on the clock £6995+vat seams good with a tail gate and it's LWB I could swap the tail gate over to the barn doors on my other van to make a good one of the two ..

just abit of a pain as I have just made all the stickers up for the van :( colour photo's

not sure where I want to be I guess.

Tax wise I will do ok as I will be selling the old van at a terrible loss and buying the new one at a reasonable price..

hmmmm

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i dont think it will drop below 3.5 k for a good few years if you research older t5's they are going up slightly as there is loads of demand for them

buy it them sell it for 4.5k
T:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts