VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I finally got vagcom and read some codes, the van had been fine until it rained then the issue started again, now the darn thing wont start at all

vagcom says
18058 - Powertrain Data Bus
P1650 - 000 - Missing Message from Instrument Cluster - Intermittent

01598 - Drive Battery Voltage
002 - Lower Limit Exceeded
00538 - Reference Voltage
014 - Defective
01117 - Generator Terminal DF Load Signal
008 - Implausible Signal
(brand new battery fitted though so please don't say it's my battery I know it's NOT!)
01314 - Engine Control Module
49-10 - No Communications - Intermittent
01315 - Transmission Control Module
49-10 - No Communications - Intermittent
00258 - Solenoid Valve 1 (N88)
010 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent - MIL ON

00538 Reference Voltage 014 - Defective will not clear, so I'm thinking whatever this is is my main fault, what does the 014 mean?
I am getting a feeling there is a bad connection somewhere or bad earth, but I have no idea what these codes are pointing towards, can anyone help, the van drives perfect when codes are cleared until the starting issue happnes and then it throws a wobbly!! it now will not start at all just clicks
Please please help!

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Instruments - for codes for the cluster

Full scan is on the first page that pops up you select the model and it runs a check for all control units that could be fitted to that particular vehicle and checks the ones it finds for fault codes

Regards

Dan

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
in vcom can I turn my immobiliser off, it asks for a pin number in the security section, what would the pin be? is it part of a chassis number? it's 4 numbers but says i'm F****D if I get the number wrong!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi, just throwing this out there, you say was fine until it rains! Ecu and transmission ecu are located in the e box under the battery, the alternator and starter wiring goes into the e box, ( generator, ecu and trans ecu faults) the reference voltage is the voltage that is supplied to some of the sensors cam, crank etc this come from the ecu ( in e box) I think you can see where I am going here, the E box is basically a large bucket if the cover is damaged or leaking this will fill up with water. Hope that makes sense

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes I was thinking its water related but didn't realise the ecu's are in a bucket, what a stupid place to put them! if its filling up I will install a drain hole!! thanks for that

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i bit the bullet and got another starter for it as i seemed to have good earths etc
I changed my starter motor on my 2.5 54 plate auto t5
the starter was a pig of a job but got there in the end, when started on the button but ran a bit lumpy, and then ticked over fine, but when trying to drive she kangaroo's all over the place, the only thing i can think of is that I moved the inlet pipe which had a bit of oil in so i cleaned it and around the flap in the throttle body thingy, and I also moved the diesel filter and left it bungeed up out of the way but still connected, I was going to remove the fuel filter but had no idea of how to get the little pipes off it and thought it might give me problems having to bleed the system etc but it seems I have unexpected problems anyway! it's totally undriveable as it is so I really need some help,
when i revv it hard it will rev in neutral quite well with slight splutter at about 2000rpm a but at higher revs there is black smoke,,,
heeeeeeeeeelp !! again!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts