VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
My 1998 2.5 has a belly pan, my problem I need to get it off and one of the studs is seized! Sorry to jump on the back of your thread but and suggestions would be welcomed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
With the location of the alternator and electrical gubbins I think the engine needs a belly pan. When I realised mine hadn't got one I bought one from VW Heritage. It's a plastic copy of the original metal (I believe) one and cost about £75.00. I bought the original fixing kit from VW, although this just turned out to be mainly a handful of bolts, there are two rubber bushes which secure the back of it to the van. Due to its size, the van will need to be on ramps or a lifter, especially if it's been lowered, to fit it.
I feel much happier now that the electrical bits aren't exposed to road debris etc. It made the van quieter as well...from outside at least! Cheers.
Link here....http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares...1687_lang_EN_country_GB.htm?crumbPageToLoad=1

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My 1998 2.5 has a belly pan, my problem I need to get it off and one of the studs is seized! Sorry to jump on the back of your thread but and suggestions would be welcomed.
I'll take it off for nothing T: but I get to keep it then I:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't want to get into an argument but, I take these on and off all the time, they are the same
Def no arguing . I'll take your word for it , cheers . Only reason I said it won't fit, is I've been to 2 breakers looking for one and they had 1.9 s but told me they wouldnt fit the 2.5 . But it was prob cause it was raining they didn't feel like taking it off so.
Cheers againT:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts