VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK Before you all start taking the :*

yes conspiracy that means you:D

Im looking for somewhere that can bend 2" alloy pipe tried the exhaust places they only bend steel.......
2nd time ive blown an IC Pipe join today need to fab hard pipes through out........

looking forward to your responses "well some of them"........T:

·
Registered
229 Posts
what exactly is the difference in a pipe bender that bends steel or ally? if it bends steel it will eat bending ally?

have you tried hollmans dry dock in penzance?

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Have a word with Kel......I'm sure he will know somebody ;)

Didnt expect a sensible answer did you :D

Camp Christopher :ILU:

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
how much bend do you need Matt? Bring it with you tomorrow and we might have a bent length you can buy.T:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how much bend do you need Matt? Bring it with you tomorrow and we might have a bent length you can buy.T:
chees steveT:

Chris..Im shocked the swine flu must of caught up with you:cool:

dantro Re: Benders in Cornwall
Only in Devon mate! No one down there make stainless exhausts?

"There are a couple of stainless exhaust places in cornwall.....Powells and southcrofty Powerflow".... and most likely moreT:

·
Registered
769 Posts
What, only benders in Devon? Nah there's them that have an unhealthy interest in sheep too! I:

Oy! :no

I think Devon/Cornwall rivalry should not apply to Forum members! :D

Sorry can't help with ALLOY pipe bending! :(

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Matt we have in stock 45 and 90 degree bends in 2" 2.5" 3" alluminium tube,also straight tubes.
Also we can TIG weld the bends/straights to whatever you require,but as usual im an employee and dont know how much they will charge.
Seeya in the morning hope your running shell v-power diesel for the best resultsA:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
shell v power......................I:

Only the best Tescos goes in mine.......................

I might put a cheeky liter or 2 of the good stuff in before hand;) like a complete dulllard was ment to change the air flter todayI:

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
shell v power......................I:

Only the best Tescos goes in mine.......................

I might put a cheeky liter or 2 of the good stuff in before hand;) like a complete dulllard was ment to change the air flter todayI:
You got a couple of hours daylight left get out there and do it!LOL:

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Only one small issue forgot to buy the filterlol:lol:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
I'm videoing this - I'm running a book at work - 2K-1 that Matthew won't blow his engine up again!.........................:D

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm videoing this - I'm running a book at work - 2K-1 that Matthew won't blow his engine up again!.........................:D

Mate you worry to much....all this session is is to give a baseline for where things are currently.....who knows maybe its 110bhp and i get exicited easily

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Re pipe bending...
We used to fill the pipe with sand, heat it with blow torch then bend it by hand, get a good smooth bend with no kinks but never did 2", can't see why it wouldn't work though. Try it if you have some spare.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts