VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Cheers for the comments guys T:

Nearly there now! Rear bumper iron is currently being sand blasted. Then I can re-fit rear bumper.

I've got to sand and polish the areas with orange peel and a few spots of over spray etc.
Also need to setup my DIY electroplating kit, want to zinc plate a few parts for that factory fresh look :D

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Had a go at some DIY electroplating to re-zinc some parts.
Came out better than I thought after some practice.

Polly tunnel had to come down as my work need it back.
Had to use the work T4 to get her going

So close now, side bars and some flat n polishing

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Update time...

Sprayed the stainless side bars matt black to match the rest of the blue/black look I'm going for.

Finally coming together now

Since fitted the original VW mud flaps on the rear.
Finally had enough of the vac pump noise so removed and cleaned it.
It was an easy job and I dont know why I didnt do it before, took about an hour in total.

As you can see in the second pic, not that much oil behind the piston but obviously enough to cause the noise.
After I refitted, tapping noise was completely gone. Very happy!

Gave the engine bay a bit of clean from all the sanding dust etc

Cleaned the intake system out from turbo to inlet manifold entry. (inlet manifold will be coming off this weekend for a full clean)
Cleaned the PCV system although I think this was fine anyway.
Did and engine flush and a full service, I've never heard the engine run/idle so smooth and quiet since I bought the van years ago!

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Had my MOT this morning and she passed ! Took her out for an "essential" drive. Literally couldn't stop grinning! So happy with the ride and how everything has turned out.
Only had two advisories, baby seat fitted so couldn't check NS seat belt and NS top ball joint dust cover deteriorated.

I'll take that on a 17 year old van!

Still want to flat and polish some orange peel etc out of the paint when I get a chance.
Few other engine plans coming soon including FMIC and possibly up rated turbo

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
She looks absolutely stunning, like she's just rolled off the production line (y) no wonder you can't stop grinning, top work!

61 - 72 of 72 Posts