VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am thinking of getting some 18" black wheels for my van, has anyone got any recommendations on who I should go to?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
We can do wheel packages, do you want some images of what I have available?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Certainly cheaper than bi-colour Dakars I have my mind on, but doubtless they come with cheap Ditchfinder tyres. I presume they can upgrade if needed?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Speak to JayKay on here T:

He has a nice set of ABT wheels for sale

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Wow, look like a great deal.

Just emailed seller to see what tyre upgrades are available. I would like a 101 or 103 load rating personally.

Also asked what brand he fits. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
they look very nice, sleek and easy to keep clean..... very cheap and load rated too! ..... T:T:

·
Registered
218 Posts
They look good! It would be great to see a pic on a vanT:

·
Registered
734 Posts
What would be a good ET for a set of 8Js? I'm not fond of the standard look on steelies as they sit too far into the van, but also don't want any poke. 35s looked great with 7.5s on the back end of my T4 but were a little proud at the front for my liking. About an inch or so inside the panel at the top of the arch on a my T5 would be good?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Answer:

Hi, We can supply these wheels with 235/50/18 tyres which will be a 101 load index, but the package price will then be £795 including delivery as these tyres are much more expensive than the ones we are offering. The 245/45/18 tyres are still enough of a load index to suit upto a T32. We will include t he necessary bolts and spiggot rings with the wheels when purchased though.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Just been looking at these again. OEM VW Sportline wheels, offset 53, these are 35, so these are going to be quite far into the wheel arch, aren't they?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Just been looking at these again. OEM VW Sportline wheels, offset 53, these are 35, so these are going to be quite far into the wheel arch, aren't they?
did you ask what the price was without tyres? ......I think they may be some cheap chinese jobs especially now that you mention different offsets, it is amazing how many alloy wheel dealers on ebay will make wheels fit any vehicle as long as they get a sale ......I would only buy from a proper uk based and known dealer or other than that the high street, at least you can take them back.....I:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts