VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for an awning for the mrs t4 and whatever bus i ever get on the road, just wondered what people have and how they rate them. Looking at kyham motordome seems expensive but is it justified

·
Registered
369 Posts
We have tried various awnings over our Bay years and having been to loads of shows we have one of these....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221110057479#ht_6689wt_1219

Yes it isn't an awning and isn't on the cheep side but it is so easy to put up in literally minutes the sturdiness is there that you don;t get with the light weight awnings, I challenge you to rip the canvas and if you do you can replace sections, if somehow a bar gets damaged you can buy individual replacement bits. When others are getting wet from the wind blowing their canvas onto them. The only down side is the length of the frame but it easily fits in a T4 side ways oh and if your in a club they will all want to be in you'r awning at night.

·
Registered
915 Posts
We're looking to get a Khyam Motordome or an Outwell Mountain Road but depends what comes along in the sales.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have a kyham motordome sleeper, plenty of space and easy to get up, got mine for £260 from Somerset camping , was a 2011 model when they brought out 2012 model so if you wait till they bring out 2013 model should be able to get 2012 cheaperT:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I have a kyham motordome sleeper, plenty of space and easy to get up, got mine for £260 from Somerset camping , was a 2011 model when they brought out 2012 model so if you wait till they bring out 2013 model should be able to get 2012 cheaperT:
We were thinking of doing this, but no one seems to have any stock at the moment of this years model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts