VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
The original radio/CD in our 2008 camper is playing up and rather than just replace we're looking to upgrade. Were initially thinking of a single-din unit and a pocket to get a decent choice of DAB units but now thinking that a double-DIN A-V unit might be a more sensible move in the long term. Looked at (and played with) a Pioneer 3500 in Halfrauds yesterday. Found the bluetooth id but decided against sharing my contacts with it!! Wondering whether this or the 3600 are the way to go or whether we should be looking at others like Alpine or whoever? We have Android units rather than i-things and I'm sure I saw something about the 3600 having better Android support? Looking to use bluetooth or USB interfaces. Reviews of the Pioneer Android app are less than complementary - should that worry me? Don't really envisage sitting watching DVDs on it but the option of a rear camera down the line might be nice. Don't think I want to go much higher than £300...

I'm aware there are a number of experts on here so I'm all ears...??

Thanks and best wishes for 2014...

Martin

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Pioneer 3600DAB
is the newer version of the 3500 which ceased production a few months ago
For fitting I would use Kits N Bits in South Wales
Add a camera too while you are at it

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Hi all,
The original radio/CD in our 2008 camper is playing up and rather than just replace we're looking to upgrade. Were initially thinking of a single-din unit and a pocket to get a decent choice of DAB units but now thinking that a double-DIN A-V unit might be a more sensible move in the long term. Looked at (and played with) a Pioneer 3500 in Halfrauds yesterday. Found the bluetooth id but decided against sharing my contacts with it!! Wondering whether this or the 3600 are the way to go or whether we should be looking at others like Alpine or whoever? We have Android units rather than i-things and I'm sure I saw something about the 3600 having better Android support? Looking to use bluetooth or USB interfaces. Reviews of the Pioneer Android app are less than complementary - should that worry me? Don't really envisage sitting watching DVDs on it but the option of a rear camera down the line might be nice. Don't think I want to go much higher than £300...

I'm aware there are a number of experts on here so I'm all ears...??

Thanks and best wishes for 2014...

Martin
Hi Martin

We highly recommend the Pioneer AVH-X3500DAB or the Newer 3600, the 3500 is a excellent unit and still available for a little bit longer, the 3600 is excatly the same but with Android control, however we have not seen it working yet and not sure how compatible it will be due to many platforms Android is on and software versions...

However the Pioneer wins as it is the only non sat nav unit with built in excellent DAB radio...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Either of you 2 care to PM me a quote for the 3500/3600 as available with the necessary bits and bobs for connection to an android phone (Nexus 4) and installation in a 2008 T5.

Any recommendations for fitters in North West Wales - Cardiff and Stonehenge are a bit of a trek I'm afraid...!!

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Either of you 2 care to PM me a quote for the 3500/3600 as available with the necessary bits and bobs for connection to an android phone (Nexus 4) and installation in a 2008 T5.

Any recommendations for fitters in North West Wales - Cardiff and Stonehenge are a bit of a trek I'm afraid...!!
Done for youT:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Just use a local guy. Yell.com
All my prices are on Swissvantek.com and a link in my first post on
this thread.
Also finance and cameras etc

·
Registered
155 Posts
Give good motoring a call they're only 20 miles away, I know they do stereos etc but haven't used them myself (so can't recommend on experience) don't know if they do fitting only

http://www.goodmotoring.co.uk

From what I've read on this forum though Absolut5 is the one who knows what's what

1 - 8 of 8 Posts