VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to order a new Sportline panel van, where has everyone found the best prices.

I have been thinking of ordering from autoebid who claim to be able to save £3400+Vat (or more) on a new model. I want some options like Xenons and heated seats etc, so so price will be greater and perhaps a greater saving.

Has anyone else used this company or one similar?

Where can a get the best deal on a new van when buying with cash (not needing finance)?

I dont mind a wait too much as i have a 2003 T4 which i think can last me another winter with no issues.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After a bit of haggling I got 12% off as well as a £500 vw contribution.
was that from a VW van centre?

was it an easy haggle?

my friend who sells Vauxhall Vans suggested i approach the VW van centre with an internet price to see if they can match it as it is something he does at Vauxhall regular.

I would prefer to buy it from a local dealer rather than one far away.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Easy haggle and its the most they will do. I phone 3 van centres around the midlands, all different groups Coventry offered 12% straight up. I phone birmingham and they offered 10 but they would match the 12%. Northampton offered 7% at first so I laughed at him and told. Him I could get 12 He phoned back later and offered 12. I got mine from listers Coventry as they where honest and straight up from the start. As I understand it they don't make much on that if any but it helps the listers group with there sales numbers and then when they hit targets they get big bonus 's as a group from vw.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Easy haggle and its the most they will do. I phone 3 van centres around the midlands, all different groups Coventry offered 12% straight up. I phone birmingham and they offered 10 but they would match the 12%. Northampton offered 7% at first so I laughed at him and told. Him I could get 12 He phoned back later and offered 12. I got mine from listers Coventry as they where honest and straight up from the start. As I understand it they don't make much on that if any but it helps the listers group with there sales numbers and then when they hit targets they get big bonus 's as a group from vw.

thanks for that. Thats a fantastic bit of advice. It matches the internet company.

I will approach Lakeside van center first and if they can not match that i will try chelmsford then Alan day in north london.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts