VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for a new head unit and I'm not bothered about DAB, GPS, dual zone, DVD playback or most of the advanced features on high end models. All I want is a screen for my reversing camera and the ability to access my iPhone 5 for phone and music (Bluetooth or cable woud be fine). The most important feature beyond those is a neat fit.

Having read all the threads on here it seems most units have limitations - either not sunlight readable or stick out untidily from the dash, or require an additional cage so...........

Who has the neatest installation that covers my two basic needs? Let's have some photos and opinions.

If I have to go upmarket and end up with more features than I actually need to get the best fit, I'm sure I'd manage to make use of them!

('07 Shuttle SE about to be converted to a camper).

·
Premium Member
4,725 Posts
Hi,

I'm looking for a new head unit and I'm not bothered about DAB, GPS, dual zone, DVD playback or most of the advanced features on high end models. All I want is a screen for my reversing camera and the ability to access my iPhone 5 for phone and music (Bluetooth or cable woud be fine). The most important feature beyond those is a neat fit.

Having read all the threads on here it seems most units have limitations - either not sunlight readable or stick out untidily from the dash, or require an additional cage so...........

Who has the neatest installation that covers my two basic needs? Let's have some photos and opinions.

If I have to go upmarket and end up with more features than I actually need to get the best fit, I'm sure I'd manage to make use of them!

('07 Shuttle SE about to be converted to a camper).
Non of the top makes will sit out untidily, and will not require any type of cage as they use there own, all will require a quadlock harness and FM aerial phantom adapter.

I'm afraid all will suffer from sunlight via the big windscreen etc, just the poor dash angle:(

I would advise you to look at the Pioneer AVH-3500dab, yes it is a screen with DAB, but I now recommend any customer to buy DAB as it works well, future proof your purchase as FM will disappear, and if you want to sell it on, a unit without DAB will struggle to sell
Cd/DVD, iPod, Bluetooth handsfree, FM/DAB and reverse camera T:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Non of the top makes will sit out untidily, and will not require any type of cage as they use there own, all will require a quadlock harness and FM aerial phantom adapter.

I'm afraid all will suffer from sunlight via the big windscreen etc, just the poor dash angle:(

I would advise you to look at the Pioneer AVH-3500dab, yes it is a screen with DAB, but I now recommend any customer to buy DAB as it works well, future proof your purchase as FM will disappear, and if you want to sell it on, a unit without DAB will struggle to sell
Cd/DVD, iPod, Bluetooth handsfree, FM/DAB and reverse camera T:
Hi Absolut5
Can u giv me a price for the AVH3500DAB as I'm interested in getting one

Thanks in advance

RonboyT:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi,

I had mine on eBay, it fits perfect, no cage and just plugs straight in. It's an 8" screen and I use it for my reverse camera. (I fitted myself and did not have a clue at the time)

It also has DVD player, gps, Bluetooth, iPod/iphone connection is touch screen and makes a real difference.

I paid £184 plus a few quid postage from Japan and have seen the identical stereo over here in shop and on net for £400-600.

Just took a risk on a foreign model.
Item #: 151158778477 , this one is pretty much the same as mine. Do them for all models of cars.

Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts