VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Post on here as we are new to the club! Just bought an '02 2.5 TDI converted T4 and currently trying to insure it. Had a few quotes so far and they are near on £1000 which seems pricey! The owner before said he always insured it as ongoing conversion. Does this affect it?

Any tips on places to go, tips to try and get it down? Read a few other posts but they all seem to be from a few years ago.

Thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
SKY INSURANCE
I recently got my 2014 T5.1 T30 Highline DSG T140 TDi camper insured Fully Comp for under £350 inc. legal cover AND my daughter added as named driver.
Very helpful and courteous service. After taking out the policy I was asked to check for any mistakes or inaccuracies and so was put in touch with Customer Services who put ALL mods on the shedule/ statement of fact. Nothing too much trouble and they’re underwritten by Aegis. 👌🏻
Confirmed NCD and licence submissions that same day.
Wonderful service. 👍🏻

Adrian Flux were £100 dearer with higher excess. Bit vague about what to list as mods (insurers love an excuse NOT to pay out!?!). Second choice though. 👍🏻
Brentacre kept me hanging for over five minute so ‘sales boy’ got pinged!! 😂🤣

·
Vendor
12 Posts
SKY INSURANCE
I recently got my 2014 T5.1 T30 Highline DSG T140 TDi camper insured Fully Comp for under £350 inc. legal cover AND my daughter added as named driver.
Very helpful and courteous service. After taking out the policy I was asked to check for any mistakes or inaccuracies and so was put in touch with Customer Services who put ALL mods on the shedule/ statement of fact. Nothing too much trouble and they’re underwritten by Aegis. 👌🏻
Confirmed NCD and licence submissions that same day.
Wonderful service. 👍🏻

Adrian Flux were £100 dearer with higher excess. Bit vague about what to list as mods (insurers love an excuse NOT to pay out!?!). Second choice though. 👍🏻
Brentacre kept me hanging for over five minute so ‘sales boy’ got pinged!! 😂🤣
Thank you very much for the feedback. If you need anything down the line, feel free to PM us here :cool:

Cheers, Alex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts