VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam looking at lowering springs for my t4 1.9td and iam puzzled about which ones to buy? Eibach, h&r, vogtland. I want best under fairly heavy load as iam a carpenter and van carries tools and some materials.Van wheels are 18". Wish to lower by 40-50 mm.some springs are progressive? Iam new to this and would be grateful of any advice of people in the know! :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Im in same boat ( van ) as you. My t4 is my work van ( carpenter ) have ordered some banded steels but would like to lower it T:

·
Registered
11,711 Posts
Take your pick of the ones you say. They are all basically the same. Everyone will recommend the ones that they have.

I have H&R HDs and often have the van full with roll cabs welders compressors spare wheels and stuff and the car on the traitor on the back.

·
Registered
145 Posts
as niclouse says take your pick of the ones you said, i have Vogtlands on my Caravelle and can't fault them, they are very much like the Eibachs but a bit cheaper, if you only want to lower by -40 to -50 then these are ideal. (don't go cheap you'll regret it i've had my share of them !!)
stew

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ive just had Vogtlands on the back of my 1.9TD high top converted camper ! The old springs on it were a tad tired i feel so the lowering effect is not that much different at the back ! Sachs HD's all round fitted at the same time so the van now drives sooooo differently!! The vogtlands are available at a bargainous price right now at Veedub transporters too...... Like mentioned I would say they are great cos ive got them !! :):):):)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts