VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted some better tyres this week and am well chuffed with the ride improvementT:

Was running 225/40/18 but have gone up to 235/45/18I: looks loads better and drives sooooo much betterT:

getting a bit older now so have gone off the spine smashing feelingLOL:

Anyone else done something this week they are chuffed with?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Just replaced the brake light bulbs in my van with a set of the working variety. It's improved the ride no-end and I get way better accelation since not having all those wrecked cars stuck on my tow bar. T:T:
Highly recomend, good value at £1.50 too.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Were they the stop faster type bulbs???,going to try some of them at weekend:D
Best mod for me was pp mods last nightT:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
as the sun is out i gave mine a polish not only does it look shiney now but goes abit better cause its a bit more slippery although not enough to notice

like the nas-car boys do it. cost a bit of polish and alot of hard work but worth it T:

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Put two new tyres on the rear as off down to Cornwall for a few days. Driving nice and so much quieter, happy days:)

Bit gutted by the price though:D

Tra:)

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Mine's in the garage getting a new alternator, as it packed up!! Luckily, my AA repair cover foots the bill and it's only costing me a £25 excess......... :)

I'm slowly getting a new engine by stealth.......

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
AA repair cover? what's that sounds good...
I've had it on the Polo for years they relaxed the rules in Jan this year, to cover any mileage vehicles..... - pays you up to £500 (minus the £25 excess) of any mechanical repair bill (with some T&Cs) as long as the vehicle is kept serviced regularly, etc, etc.......

Been WELL worth the effort for me, even though I've still got a dispute pending over the claim for the cylinder head (they tried to weasel out on a technicality, but only conceded when I stood my ground, which I'm still not happy with, as the principle is that they tried to bully me into not making what has turned out to be a valid claim!!)

Leaving that aside though, it's peace of mind.....

Anyway - sorry to hijack.......... :)

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I've had it on the Polo for years they relaxed the rules in Jan this year, to cover any mileage vehicles..... - pays you up to £500 (minus the £25 excess) of any mechanical repair bill (with some T&Cs) as long as the vehicle is kept serviced regularly, etc, etc.......

Been WELL worth the effort for me, even though I've still got a dispute pending over the claim for the cylinder head (they tried to weasel out on a technicality, but only conceded when I stood my ground, which I'm still not happy with, as the principle is that they tried to bully me into not making what has turned out to be a valid claim!!)

Leaving that aside though, it's peace of mind.....

Anyway - sorry to hijack.......... :)
it doesnt cover motorcaravans- so if its registered as one on dvla they wont cough up for cliams. for vans its good(if under 10years old)

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Took off rear wipers, sealed holes. looks neater.

also got a set of 4 tyres- 2 fine 2 knackered, put on two good ones for mot. garage took the other two off my hands .gave him 20 quid for his troubles

·
Registered
71 Posts
Best (and only ) mod this week...Smoked front indicators and red / smoked rear lamps this week..... :ILU:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Was running 225/40/18 but have gone up to 235/45/18I
Hi Steve
Please forgive my not-knowing, but what do those figures mean?

I'm about to make the grand european tour and want to make sure the tyres are all good so any advice much appreciated...

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
it doesnt cover motorcaravans- so if its registered as one on dvla they wont cough up for cliams. for vans its good(if under 10years old)
Wrong - it covers any vehicle of any age of any mileage ........ hence why my 1998 converted van with 142k on the clocks is covered......... mate - I'm using it and I've just claimed.... :)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Steve
Please forgive my not-knowing, but what do those figures mean?

I'm about to make the grand european tour and want to make sure the tyres are all good so any advice much appreciated...
just means i've gone a little bit wider and upped the profile to put more rubber between the road and alloyT:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts