VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have access to a few sets of rear springs, all standard. they are bmw e36 , vauxhall astra G and vauxhall corsa b, i have seen a few people on here use different manufacturers spring, but am slightly confused at how much a set of standard car springs will lower a t4 by, also, whats the lowest i could wind down on the front with standard shocks? just that i havent got the money at the moment to get a decent kit, but im tired of the van being up in the clouds. oh, the wheels on it are audi 10 spokes with 205/55/r16 tyres on it.
any advice much appreciated.
thanks ed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ive decided i am gonna get a set of front sproings for the van, ive seen some on ebay for around £50-60 anyone have any experience of these? gonna wind the front down 50mm as well.
cheers ed.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I'm no mechanic, but if your thinking of putting 2.5 tonne of van on corsa springs, you may be getting yourself in a whole heap of trouble:*

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i know what your saying, but ive binned that idea after deciding that i wouldnt put the corsa springs on a corsa, never mind my t4. so, im stuggling to find the info on what rear springs i can use on standard shocks? im thinking 50mm will be fine but really wanna go 60mm. any info appreciated.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Like Bazlightbeer said,

I wouldn't put a van on car springs. :*

I run Eibach springs, they are expensive; however you you do get what you pay for IMHO.

As far as what springs with standard shocks.

Any van rated lowering spring will do the job I'm sure.

Like I posted above the link to JK springs will be more than upto the job, in your price range & has the option of different lowering heights to choose from all at the same price.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the problem ive also discovered today is that the arch gap at the back is 140mm on both sides, so its either got some hd standards on it as its carried weight or if thats standard, 50mm is going to do little to the ride height. the jk springs had sold out btw,and were on back order when i tried to order some today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts