VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 1999 pannel van and have got hold of the rear interior pannels from a caravelle and dont no how to fit them any help would be great just had the side windows fitted so cant wait to get the inside all done T: then just got to get a full width seat bed I:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Do you just have the panels as you will need lots of clips that fit into drilled holes around the edges of all the panels.

Have done it on mine and was lucky enough to have the donor vehicle next to my own and transfered from one to the other.

:ILU:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you just have the panels as you will need lots of clips that fit into drilled holes around the edges of all the panels.

Have done it on mine and was lucky enough to have the donor vehicle next to my own and transfered from one to the other.

:ILU:
Hi yer got a box of bits clips but havnt a clue were they go I: i am going to put a false windows in the rear end for the time being just going to copy my roof linning but then a gain i have just won some rear windows on ebay just got to go pick them up from leeds or get them sent down T: but dont no if im going to put them in yet will have to wait and see

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
3 Major types of clips.

1- thin and long, these go around the windows for the surrounds.
2- medium sized, used for the majority of the panel clips.
3- large ones, sould only be about 4 and the are for the rear panel on the tailgate.

there are various others eg, round push in clips.

the clips are located in 8mm holes that are drilled in the vans panels. Unfortunately there are no marks for these positions. But they are marked on the panels by either a thickening of the panel or a reinforced lip.

Tip...... I used an 8mm centre drill (stepped drill bit) to drill the holes as its alot easier to centre up the drill. :)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yer thanks thats watt i have will have to have a look tomorrow to dark now :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts