VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Here is our beloved T5 campervan which we are reluctantly parting ways with after a short but very loved ownership.

We are looking for some advice for selling as myself and my husband (Tom) have very different ideas on price.

To give a bit of a backstory;

Betsan was purchased in August 2020 at the height of Covid. We were so pleased to live out a lifelong dream of owning a campervan and began renovations straight away. We decided on a layout and adamantly agreed we didn't want a rock n roll bed so opted for a Van Furniture kombi bed instead. As the build went on, we spent more and more on making Betsan the van she is today.

Betsan is fitted with high quality Oak, copper fixtures and fittings, a F&B dupe paint job, a handcrafted bespoke kitchen area, a solar panel on the roof connected to a sturdy electrical system and fitted with the best camping equipment possible.

I would love to see our hard work and dedication receive between 12 - 15k however Tom is under the impression we will only get sayin around 9 - 10k.

Betsan's mileage is unfortunately high, however, we have been careful to replace parts and have spent a great deal on servicing.

We would love to know what you think. Any advice is welcomed.

Nia, Tom & Betsan x

Attachments

·
Registered
15,446 Posts
Welcome , its a very different layout to the norm and i love the copper sink 👌 .
Those beds must be only made for little people though as my feet would be way out the end 🙃.
What year , mileage , history does it have , does it have A/C and whats the body like ?
Got a pre facelift front end and a 2013 onwards rear bumper so assuming its just had the wrong bumper fitted and not been accident damaged ?
Prices are all over the place at the mo so i can completely see your difficulty trying to place it .

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
As B&T says - the interior is a bit different to the norm - and the oak / white wood / copper looks great. My only concern would be that the side benches look very high and the cushions a little thin?

Prices are still fairly elevated due to covid and there's still demand for them.
I think your husband is about right on price (not knowing the mileage and service history etc.).
What I would advise though is just advertise towards your top end and if you don't get any interest you can reduce the price. If you start it too low you can't really go the other way! 😉
Also, I'd either fit a towball to the bracket or remove it purely for cosmetic purposes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mileage is approx 215,000 and service history is great from the point we owned it.
The front end is all the original as far as we know.
It's a 1.9 with an 05 reg, electric windows, AC, body is good with just a couple of dings in places cosmetically.
Cushions were custom made with high quality (basically unbelievably expensive)/ waterproof covers and as the benches were so high we had to reduce the thickness of the foam which was a shame but it wouldn't have been practical at all.
I agree about the towbar bracket and actually hadn't realised how ugly it was!!

·
Registered
15,446 Posts
Soooo i'm kinda reading into that the service history is patchy(or non existent)up until the last 18months ?
Cambelt done and or clutch and dmf ? ( with receipts) this will help if so.
So in summary-
215,000 on an 05 plate , a/c and tailgate .
So where does everyone else price this ? 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
353 Posts
Going on the info provided I would say 10k at least.
It's a different layout than the norm. After using ours so far, this would not be for me but everyone is different. Did you not consider a poptop when doing the conversion ?
I would advertise it for a lot more and see what interest you get.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I have been looking to purchase another camper and by going by what i have came across i would reckon 10k possibly 11 max, i am actually surprised as prices are falling and there is loads on the market.

Still got the crazy ones asking mega bucks though .

Good luck on your sale.👍

·
Registered
551 Posts
200k for a 05 commercial van is pretty standard, nice to be lower but most were work vans for most of their life.
Depends how much of a rush you are to sell, the right person who's looking for something not the norm will appreciate the work put into it.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Going on the info provided I would say 10k at least.
It's a different layout than the norm. After using ours so far, this would not be for me but everyone is different. Did you not consider a poptop when doing the conversion ?
I would advertise it for a lot more and see what interest you get.
We opted for the solar panel as the pop top conversion was too expensive at the time. We felt the layout gave us more room especially as it is a SWB but can appreciate the layout doesn't suit everyone.
We're going to try for £12k and see how we go 🤞

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
I have been looking to purchase another camper and by going by what i have came across i would reckon 10k possibly 11 max, i am actually surprised as prices are falling and there is loads on the market.

Still got the crazy ones asking mega bucks though .

Good luck on your sale.👍
Told you you would be back!!!

Hope you are well mate.

·
Registered
353 Posts
We opted for the solar panel as the pop top conversion was too expensive at the time. We felt the layout gave us more room especially as it is a SWB but can appreciate the layout doesn't suit everyone.
We're going to try for £12k and see how we go 🤞
What size solar panel is it, also what solar control charger is fitted, is it a smart charger.
What size amp battery is there and battery charger etc. How old is the electrics. Do you have reciepts etc. You need to detail these things in your for sale ad, it will help with the sale. Good luck with the sale

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Told you you would be back!!!

Hope you are well mate.
Cheers mate, glad to be back just need to get another Transporter, looking at possibly a t6 this time :whistle:

Been offered a very low mileage transit custom sport but not quite feeling it lol.

hope you are keeping well mate.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
All good here mate, you still using the caravan?
yeh all good with the caravan , was thinking a day van for towing it and gives me the option for trips/days away but will prob buy at the end season , if a full camper comes along well i wont say no lol , preferably a t32 lwb (y)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts