VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Beware "Creative Campers"

29K views 103 replies 42 participants last post by  64 SPLIT 
#1 · (Edited)
Beware Creative Conversions Yorkshire and Barnyard Vdubs

***Beware Creative Conversions Yorkshire and Barnyard Vdubs*** formerly trading as Creative Campers Middlesborough

...looking worringly like another con man./van freaks..:(

my best bud handed over £5k to get windows, pop top and units fitted along with some bumpers to be fitted and colour matched and other stuff and 4 months down the line we have found Creative Campers have declared bancruptcy, moved to other units and now we cant get hold of him :(

we have located his VW in a lock up but have been informed by the police it is now legally his, as he has started the work and until it is finished and full monies is handed over we have no right to it :*

the scum thst is Paul Bateman will be gettng a home visit..that's in hand, however anyone else thinking about using him and his pathetic way of life, please stay well clear

i will keep you all up to date

:ILU:

See less See more
#7 ·
Re: Beware "Creative Campers" formely of Middlesborough

we have located his VW in a lock up but have been informed by the police it is now legally his, as he has started the work and until it is finished and full monies is handed over we have no right to it :*

What sort of b#llox is this.How does this work.Makes your blood boil.Good luck getting the van back:ILU:

P.S....careful with the online threatsI:

#9 ·

What sort of b#llox is this.How does this work.Makes your blood boil.Good luck getting the van back:ILU:

P.S....careful with the online threatsI:
not a threat and we wont be visiting his home ...he has a wife ...who we have no bones with...however he is now a takeaway delivery man...and you just never know who's home you are going to knock on the door of with your delivery I: ;)

karma is a beautiful thing

#8 ·
I've had a similar problem with Mr Bateman, I did however retrieve the van. I have reported him to the police as fraud. I don't believe he ever intended to carry out the work.
I would encourage your mate to do the same, the best way to protect other people is to get him locked up.

Not only does he still have a working website, he also has websites for Creative Conversions Yorkshire and Barnyard Vdubs. Stay clear of any business involving Paul Bateman if you want to see your money again.

#12 ·

we have located his VW in a lock up but have been informed by the police it is now legally his, as he has started the work and until it is finished and full monies is handed over we have no right to it
We have a lot of people on this forum, some are actually quite bright! We may have a lawyer or two. So can we confirm and possibly explain that when we hand our vehicles to a garage for repairs we are also handing over ownership to them. When work is complete we then regain ownership by paying them.

People offering garage services do need some protection, some customers won't pay, but this seems very odd/unfair.

For big jobs like conversions staged payments must be the way to go. They do a bit, you pay for it, and so on. Just never pay up front for something you've not yet had I suppose.

#18 ·

We have a lot of people on this forum, some are actually quite bright! We may have a lawyer or two. So can we confirm and possibly explain that when we hand our vehicles to a garage for repairs we are also handing over ownership to them. When work is complete we then regain ownership by paying them.

People offering garage services do need some protection, some customers won't pay, but this seems very odd/unfair.

For big jobs like conversions staged payments must be the way to go. They do a bit, you pay for it, and so on. Just never pay up front for something you've not yet had I suppose.

I don't understand that bit at all either UNLESS it was a matter of the customer asking the converter to both source AND convert a van, and paid for the van but had not yet re-registered in their own name (maybe a matter of "don't worry about it m8 (to use the converters manner of conversation), we get it registered to you when it's all done")
If that was the case, it is a lesson to get YOUR property recorded in YOUR name before it is left with another party. This is important as no matter how reputable a company may be, should the unfortunate happen and a decent business hit difficulties, YOUR assets could be seized if they are on their premises but not in YOUR name :(

#15 ·
What a TW@. I was thinking about using them last year as they were just up the road from me. That Paul Bateman was on my facebook but I just checked there and he's taken me off. He's up to something by the looks of it. There's too many of these cowboys floating about. I've dealt with one cowboy conversion company already In County Durham. Hope the lad get it sorted.

#17 ·
" They do a bit, you pay for it" - that's the right way round, we don't pay our garage anything until they've done the work, like with most services. we're having a wall rebuilt by a small builder - will pay when it's satisfactorally completed.

not sure the ownership point is correct, must be paperwork involved to change owner?
the police aren't always 100% correct, they aren't legal experts & have been known to "learn from their mistakes" like most organisations

GL, pity life's like that, a sad world, but this close-one-company-down & start up another needs looking at

#22 ·
Don't go near Mr Bateman. It took seven months to get my van completed last year after he promised me it would be 2-3 weeks. It wouldn't matter so much if the finished article is of good quality but unfortunately it isn't. The guy is an ar$ehole hiding behind a glossy website.

#24 ·
Don't get it...............he does not own the van it is still the property of the lawful owner, your mate, if Bateman won't give it back I call that theft and thats arrestable, the Police should be able to take action over that. Just terminate your contract with him and demand it be returned immediately or in a reasonable time, you can then do a civil action for any loss of monies etc, at least you've got the van back :eek:

#35 ·
I think they would if the revenue went to zero after the forum shut due to litigation.
There are laws regarding defamation of character you know! i had to use these to get a libelous post removed on one forum by an aggreived individual who had posted various comments whilst under the influence.
It wouldn't be so ":D" to you if it was yourself that was named and shamed for no reason by someone, I would hazard a guess :)

#39 ·
Actually I have massive issues with this paranoid culture, which is compounded by the desire for people to be right on the Internet, and defend these paranoid rules. The number of cases we see on here, with people getting ripped off by the same characters, is very depressing.

#40 ·
well we have the T5 back :(

pilot holes cut in the 2 side panels and a nice big hole in the roof ... no other work done apart from loosen seats all for a bargain £5000...

i for one wont be commenting on this anymore and am disgusted that there are folk out there who can do this to others. all i can say is stay well clear of this man and any business he has now/may set up in the future :(

Creative Conversions Yorkshire

Barnyard Vdubs

Paul Bateman

forget these names at your peril :(

#42 ·
Gutted for you mate, i hope he gets whats coming to him.. :(:(

On another note is it normal pratice to pay up front to conversion companies, never dealt with any so not sure, but if people paid when the job is complete (like most other trades) then this would not happen.. (not having a dig just curious)

I once paid a Kitchen fitter up front and had to finish the job myself so never again will anyone get upfront payments from me

#47 ·
seems common practice by the cowboys :* but i did the same when i bought my bus... you get all excited and caught up in the moment and hand over cash nilly...even i handed over via BACS £4500 to a bloke in devon who i had never met, just spoken to on the phone .. he then sourced me a van, did all he said he would and thankfully i was lucky...sadly too many folk are falling fowl to these pop up camper scene conversion companies :(

think the lesson for everyone is dont be fooled by fancy websites etc, do your homework and only hand over a max of 10% deposit at best

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.