VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
What a [email protected] I was thinking about using them last year as they were just up the road from me. That Paul Bateman was on my facebook but I just checked there and he's taken me off. He's up to something by the looks of it. There's too many of these cowboys floating about. I've dealt with one cowboy conversion company already In County Durham. Hope the lad get it sorted.
who in co. Durham?
need to know who to stay away from

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
I still dont understand why people pay up front in cash for some work promised. Always best to pay with credit card after the work is done. if he still insists on payment, give him a bank guarantee and he will not be able to access the money before you tell the bank that all is fine.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I still dont understand why people pay up front in cash for some work promised. Always best to pay with credit card after the work is done. if he still insists on payment, give him a bank guarantee and he will not be able to access the money before you tell the bank that all is fine.
Having done something simular, I paid half up front with an agreement for rest on completion. You do the homework, you try and find references and the rest is on misguided faith. For me it was for an engine transplant and I was desperate to get my van back on the road which in all honesty probably made me rush the homework aspect....

·
Registered
7 Posts
http://www.british.photos/city/whitby.html

How about the above for an interesting link. I found the pictures of our friend enjoying a day in Doncaster Courts bazar to say the least.

which reminds me I believe Bateman emanates from Doncaster and he is/was associated with companies in that area. has anyone searched for him there?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well I'm baffled.

The above links originally led me to a picture of Bateman. I believe he is watching as much as we are watching because the picture has been removed

·
Registered
6 Posts
small firms keep costs down by dealing with bank tranfers to pay for parts not all people are fraudsters like bateman

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
In his Instagram page he says he lives in Whitby, North Yorkshire.

·
Registered
7 Posts
He did live in Whitby but has disappeared.:(

My suggestion is people start looking for him in Doncaster as he has family ties there and I have seen photos of him in the area.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have just heard from the police, Bateman has given them a sob story, poor lad not trying to rip anyone of at all!

This is obviously s the more people complain to the police the sooner he gets locked away. If you haven't reported this scumbag to the police or haven't heard from them drop me a PM and i will give you the police officers direct number.

Bateman is still living at 4 Saxon Road in whitby if you are also pursuing civil action get him at this address!

d

·
Registered
7 Posts
Another update.

I have been in touch with the police who, as you say, are checking his story out. They have all his bank details and are confirming income against outgoings. I'm told that if they can't find evidence of him "skimming" money and it just looks like bad financial management then they probably won't do anything.

Best advise is take out a civil action.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Beware Creative Conversions Yorkshire and Barnyard Vdubs

Beware Creative Conversions Yorkshire and Barnyard Vdubs formerly trading as Creative Campers Middlesborough

...looking worringly like another con man./van freaks..:(

my best bud handed over £5k to get windows, pop top and units fitted along with some bumpers to be fitted and colour matched and other stuff and 4 months down the line we have found Creative Campers have declared bancruptcy, moved to other units and now we cant get hold of him :(

we have located his VW in a lock up but have been informed by the police it is now legally his, as he has started the work and until it is finished and full monies is handed over we have no right to it :*

the scum thst is Paul Bateman will be gettng a home visit..that's in hand, however anyone else thinking about using him and his pathetic way of life, please stay well clear

i will keep you all up to date

:ILU:
Creative campers maybe operating in bransburton hull

81 - 100 of 100 Posts