VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi people , i had my ex aa put on a rolling road yesterday for a power run and she came out with a 107.7 bhp:cool: which is totally stock, well happy with that but now want to tune her up what shall i start with???? and how much will i gain ?????

advice would be great

·
Registered
465 Posts
Have a search on project power mate. PP will see you around 150bhp and a hefty increase in torque.

mine made 149.7bhp and 266ft/lb torque. :)

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Some horses missing there,AA T4s' were mapped to 114BHP when commisioned

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
i heard the 114 bhp was a myth......
I have measured the bhp of several ex AA T4s' on a calibrated rolling road where i used to work and they all measured around 114BHP.

Have also driven many ex AAs' and driven many 102BHP models and there is a difference for sure.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i got told that was a myth aswell only performance upgrade aa done was to increase size of front brakes, what should i do first??

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
i got told that was a myth aswell only performance upgrade aa done was to increase size of front brakes, what should i do first??
I got told it was a myth too.

But it isn't T:
Trust Aggie, he knows the oily bits under the bodywork better than most :ILU:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
No myth guys. I also have an ex AA wagon. Had mine remapped just before the new year by Chipwhizard on here. Started at 110bhp with totally stock parts. They where kicked up a tad more on the wagons that had the towing systems in the back.

DKS, You may be running a little lower because it needs a service. If you've had one recently, consider changing the crankshaft as this could and probably would be worn a bit if it's got quite high milage. I'm currently sitting at a comfortable 135bhp with stock parts on after the re-map. if you want more than that, change the injectors, get a new S/S exhaust, panel filter and change all the other little bits before getting it re-mapped. to be honest, as stock with this done You notice the re-map and enjoy the drive. You don't need much more than this as it's more than manageable. If your chasing the BHP figures like the mad max power readers then be prepared to spend bucks. If you just want a tad more power and torque then get the thing re-mapped as stock. less money spent and still a massive and noticeable gain.T:

10,824 Posts
No myth guys. I also have an ex AA wagon. Had mine remapped just before the new year by Chipwhizard on here. Started at 110bhp with totally stock parts. They where kicked up a tad more on the wagons that had the towing systems in the back.

DKS, You may be running a little lower because it needs a service. If you've had one recently, consider changing the crankshaft as this could and probably would be worn a bit if it's got quite high milage. I'm currently sitting at a comfortable 135bhp with stock parts on after the re-map. if you want more than that, change the injectors, get a new S/S exhaust, panel filter and change all the other little bits before getting it re-mapped. to be honest, as stock with this done You notice the re-map and enjoy the drive. You don't need much more than this as it's more than manageable. If your chasing the BHP figures like the mad max power readers then be prepared to spend bucks. If you just want a tad more power and torque then get the thing re-mapped as stock. less money spent and still a massive and noticeable gain.T:
I don't read max power :(

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I don't read max power :(
LOL: I didn't say you did mate. I'm just saying that you don't need to chase the ponies down the road too much to make the wagon drive and feel more responsive when tuning it up. a simple stock based re-map will be more than suitable in my honest opinion.:DT:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts