VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Maniac's!

Im just about to purchase my first car, actually van and sure thing i will get a vw t4..
Slowly a dream will come true and finally i can give up on trains and on doggy B&B

Im could choose between 3 vehicle and would appreciate your recommendations.

here they comes:

A:
50th anniversary 2000 1.900cc transporter with 138.000k with lift up boot
comes with alloy wheels, a few rust patches around arches from stone chips.
i cold like this van how ever not sure how expensive is to treat rusty bits...just passed mot doh
£2700

B:
2000 VW T4 2.5 Intercooler 102 BHP with 126.000k
nice van, no mark or rust from outside, ply wood at the back will need carpeted
£2700

C;
2002 transporter tdi 2.461cc 115.000k
perfect condition inside and outside...
3200£

im looking for a characteristic, economy, and long runner beauty... prob if i should choose between A and B i would be more fancy the 1.9 cc one but really not sure
some things not all about the money, age or millage... so it would very appreciated your way of view.

many thanx
zzz

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'd check insurance on all 3 before you decide, first car means big insurance premium so that could be a factor.

I have a 1.9td and its fine but I would still go for c if its rust free ( give the inner arches a poke especially the flat part of the floor behind the wheel arch :eek:

·
Registered
202 Posts
As said already, assuming you can insure it, go for option C!

Always get the best van you can for the money you have, the one with the lowest miles and best condition would seem to be it

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dear all!

thank you very much for your reply,
i mainly asked cause i thought or wanted to find out if a 2000 1.9 50th anniversary vw is rare enough that worth to buy..
also it has a lift up boot what i would a little bit more prefer, how ever i read a lot of good thing about the 2.5 engines even it cost more to service them..so i believe that i will go for the younger and the less milage one..2002 2.5 tdi
will pic up tomorrow and hopefully round mid day i will be the happy owner of my first ever surf van....

keep ya all inform.

peace zzz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts