VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone just wanted to say a big hello, i have been into classic vw's for over 20 years and recently owned a nice baywindow for 12 years , but lately found it a bit quiet in the scene with prices going up and up especially splits you just dont seem to see as many owners about only at the shows; after chatting to Jimbo at Vanfest this year i was hooked on T4's and sold my 1971 Bay after Vanfest not long after got chatting to the owner of a nice 2002 52 plate 2.5TDI soon realised he might sell ;one thing led to another and now she's mine , she's an ex-AA van with only 72,000 and nice and tidy but no interior to speak of, colour coded with nice alloys and limo blacked rear windows .
It seems T4 owners are a friendly bunch and down to earth a bit like the origonal vw scene before prices went out the window and out of reach of many.
Nice to be here.will post some pics soon.A:/I]

·
Registered
531 Posts
Welcome brother! Old transporters are lovely things. But me, I want a van that is a serious camping machine that is not (too) problematic, is safe to drive faster than 50mph, is easy to get parts for, and that you are not scared to drive because of the high value. If, as I suspect, there are a lot of people with a similar ethos, then the T4 is the present and future of the PROPER VW van scene, i.e. for people who want vans for real usage and real fun, a true people's wagon for modern times. Mothballs and flatbeds? Nah mate. You have surely chosen wisely. Welcome aboard captain!

·
Premium Member
5,208 Posts
Welcome friend. I'm sure you will benefit greatly from the shared wisdom and community spirit here on the forum:) cheers

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Welcome...and what a nice, eloquent introduction.

I think you echo a lot of sentiments about the VW 'scene' and particularly vans. Whilst I do like seeing a nice van of any age, I always prefer those that are used for doing stuff.....other than attending shows. I'll forgive a van a few faults if it shows the signs of being used by a family, or rather just used as a sport/pastime vehicle.

Dont get me wrong, its great meeting up with other T4 owners, and I especially like the fact that it doesnt matter what year/model/state your van is. Never felt looked down upon. Anything but.

Enjoy your van!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts