VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery of these beauty's today courtesy of an eBay patron:

215/70/16

Gonna put 'em straight on standard vito steels till I send those off to get banded in January.
I've got eibach -40 springs but have read through a load of threads and reckon these will fill the arches nicely. Plus Ive held the tyres up against the van and it looks like it should be fine...

I'm now hoping no one comes and spots a problem...

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's we go, excuse the poor photo n dirty van, will add better photos when I'm home during daylight.

General Grabber AT2's
215/70/16 on Eibachs (40mm drop)
Some weight in the van (subs, amps, bed).
No arch modifications needed, lovely fit!

Can't wait to get the steels banded n paint now. The dishes will be colour coded to the van...

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
That is the look I like,I need new tyres before mot is due in nov 2013 so now I know that size fits will be on the hunt in new year T:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Very nice Sir T: I was just about to go for a set of Nokian wrc's but now you have me thinking:cool:

Hows the road noise with them?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice Sir T: I was just about to go for a set of Nokian wrc's but now you have me thinking:cool:

Hows the road noise with them?
Minor bit of noise at about 27ish mph, but nothing really audible, i can honestly say I've rarely noticed it in the 2 months they've been on. Only hear it with the window open.

They've got great grip too. I occasionally get a little bit of wheel spin under heavy acceleration, but only from a standing start. Think it's to do with the larger circumference as much as the AT tread. Ride quality is very good at 48-49psi. Cant recommend these enough!

They leave great tracks in the snow (just been chuckling at the ones mine have left) :cool:
Havent seen any snow yet :(

Is the grip as good as I'd hope/expect?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Looking Good, get one of those sidewall pens off ebay and colour in the writing?

Just noticed the caddy caps when you say vito wheels? From what I understand you may have the wrong wheel bolts unless you have modded the caddy caps to fit a 19mm bolt head?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looking Good, get one of those sidewall pens off ebay and colour in the writing?

Just noticed the caddy caps when you say vito wheels? From what I understand you may have the wrong wheel bolts unless you have modded the caddy caps to fit a 19mm bolt head?
Thigh about the tyre pen... May have to get one and try it on a different tyre to test durability.

And thanks for the heads up but I've checked with loads of people and bolt size is correct with 17mm head. T:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Here's we go, excuse the poor photo n dirty van, will add better photos when I'm home during daylight.

General Grabber AT2's
215/70/16 on Eibachs (40mm drop)
Some weight in the van (subs, amps, bed).
No arch modifications needed, lovely fit!

Can't wait to get the steels banded n paint now. The dishes will be colour coded to the van...
Looks good but will look the dogs do da's once banded:ILU::cool:

Think the front just needs wound down a baw hair or twoT:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks good but will look the dogs do da's once banded:ILU::cool:

Think the front just needs wound down a baw hair or twoT:
Yeah, I'm seeing that now. Will have to wait till after the snow's passed before i get under to wind 'em down.

Speaking of which, cant wait to try these out in the snow tomorrow. :ILU:

As for banding, cant wait!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Yeah, I'm seeing that now. Will have to wait till after the snow's passed before i get under to wind 'em down.

Speaking of which, cant wait to try these out in the snow tomorrow. :ILU:

As for banding, cant wait!!
Me, jealous ? ( Y:)

Thinking of going down the banded all terains route myself now, cant wait to see yours finished especially with being on eibachs I:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts