VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My T30 (a panel van being converted to a camper) came with 20" wheels but I've decided to ditch them and go smaller - because (a) it's a camper so I don't wantto be constantly worrying about kerbing (b) the roads round my way are utterly awful for potholes and (c) tyres are a damn site cheaper.

I appreciate I'm going against the trend here but I figure a nice set of alloys will always look nice regardless of the size. I would be interested to see if anyone has any decent pictures to show the comparison of 20,18 or even 17 wheels on a t5?

I've seen some nice 18" and 17" wolfrace alloys (on t5wheels.com BTW if anyone has experience of that website).

Finally what size tyres would be recommended on 17 or 18 wheels...

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Some nice vans on that thread, only problem is not many of the photos say which wheels they have (or you have to read through a whole bunch of posts until someone asks what they are)

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I went from 22s to banded 17s. Best thing I did.

Not sure why it'd make you any less bothered about curbing your wheels?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I do have some side by side pics somewhere for comparisons but don't have them to hand. Will try and upload them later.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
19,s are very popular as they give good ride comfort, fill the arch well, speedo is bang on, and tyres are reasonable.....just had my old set of RR alloys refurbed and they look okT:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Dug out a few pictures.
Photo one is 17" Vw suez I put on when I first got my van.
2nd photo shows how it is now with 19" wheels.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Let us know what you end up with :)

Another option is 18" Sportlines, personally I prefer the early ones.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My T30 (a panel van being converted to a camper) came with 20" wheels but I've decided to ditch them and go smaller - because (a) it's a camper so I don't wantto be constantly worrying about kerbing (b) the roads round my way are utterly awful for potholes and (c) tyres are a damn site cheaper.

I appreciate I'm going against the trend here but I figure a nice set of alloys will always look nice regardless of the size. I would be interested to see if anyone has any decent pictures to show the comparison of 20,18 or even 17 wheels on a t5?

I've seen some nice 18" and 17" wolfrace alloys (on t5wheels.com BTW if anyone has experience of that website).

Finally what size tyres would be recommended on 17 or 18 wheels...
Hi Omar,

What Wolfrace wheels have you been looking at? We could have some images of your wheel fitted to a t5 that you can feast your eyes on T:

For tyre size we recommend 255/45r18 for 18" wheels and 235/55r17 for 17".

Make sure you go for a load rated tyre - tyre load index ratings can be found here; tyre load rating

1 - 20 of 32 Posts