VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a '97 Caravelle Syncro with 15" rims fitted with standard tyres. When the tyres need replacing, I would like to fit larger and wider ones without the need for changing the suspension. Does anyone know how far I can go, as far as width and wall height goes?

Many thanks

Rich

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Have you tried the wheel and tyre size calculator?? its in a sticky in this part of the forum.
Its pretty funky as it tell u how much closer to suspension components and how much further out tyres will stick.
All in all it v useful, have used it a few times when working out lower profile tyres for kit cars etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have 235/60 15's on my T4, general grabbers, with white lettering, they fit fine on standard VW alloys, and have quite a chunky tread on them

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thats a tough look there!

Ours is'nt a syncro, but luv the stanceT: would that make a difference?

Don't fancy doing much trimming tho.

Cheers Nig.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
oh my, that look awesome!

I'm definitely going back up with the ride height and geting some all terrains.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I'm looking at going for 235/75/15, which would be 28.9" diameter.

Would they fit on stock ride height?

got some heavy duty rear springs, which came off a mate T4, and that sat REALLY high at the back, how high will the front wind up on the torsion bars?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm looking at going for 235/75/15, which would be 28.9" diameter.

Would they fit on stock ride height?

got some heavy duty rear springs, which came off a mate T4, and that sat REALLY high at the back, how high will the front wind up on the torsion bars?
Highest your supposed to go on the front is 280mm between the top and bottom shock mount, but you can go a little more. Your supposed to setup the van with a 1 degree inclination.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts