VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems to be quite common for folk to run bigger wheels now, and it's something i'm thinking of, mainly for the extra comfort. thinking about 235/60/17, but not looked into prices yet so will maybe depend on whats available i know not all sizes are.
it must be possible to re calibrate the speedo though, has anyone any experience of doing this?

·
Special Rapporteur
8,705 Posts
No, as far as I'm aware, you can't recalibrate, but there are a number of presets within the instrument cluster that allow you to trim the speedo for a range of tyre sizes.

If you do a forum search for "speedo correction" you'll find a thread from 4 years ago that explains how to do it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Speedo can be corrected with VCDS. You need to calculate the change in rotation and enter the coding. It's relatively simple for someone with VCDS experience.

·
Registered
369 Posts
How you tried one of these tyre comparison calculators? If you punch in the standard tyre sizes for the sportline 18" then play around with profiles in your preferred sizes you can find the closest match and the expected speed delta. My 255/40/20 are pretty much spot on according to GPS for example.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yeah I've corrected my speedo for the 20's I'm running with VCDS. It was a good few mph out before!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts