VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

461 - 473 of 473 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just had fitted 215/65 16 on standard springs, fills the wheel arch perfectly, speedometer reading 100% accurate at all speeds, the ride is superb and the gearing is OK.

Front

Rear

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally finished replacing the bushes and ball joints on the front end, so its time for big feet.

Before

After

Avon AV11 225/70R15 on some recently repainted standard steels.

Maybe some banding next :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
225/75r15 on merc steelies 7j 15 25mm offsett, 4mm poke, folded the inner lip a little and spaced the front bumper forward a little and trimmed and plastic welded rear bumper a little, still need to lift itt 30mm, but not really neccesarry,

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm running 235/75/15 some chunky Kumho muddies.

I took some 35mm offset rims to replace the 55mm offset and then added 7mm more in spacers. I've wound the front tortion bars about 75% the way up, put airbags in the back and knocked the guards out a lot. It still bottoms out when bouncing over bumps at speed and scrubs a little when on full lock left. I plan to fit 20mm spacers at the front to replace the 7mm ones, flare the guards more and wind the tortion bars up more.

You can see pics of it here:

https://www.instagram.com/thehusbil/

·
Registered
5 Posts
I should have mentioned that it scrubs on the left turn because there is a fuel tank vapor sub tank in the wheel arch, I had to move something in the right arch that was connected with hoses, maybe an oil catch can or something, easy to move, but the fuel tank vapor thing is not an easy move. I'd think its a new fuel tank to move it. It has a metal protective plate on the front so it's hard to damage.

https://www.instagram.com/thehusbil/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just read through all of the posts,

Loads of info, thanks, but I'm confused and don't want to spend money on the wrong combination of Rims & Tyres

I have a 2003 LWB 2.5 AJT currently with Low profiles on it (came with van)

I want BFG ATs and think I'm going with BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 LT215/75 R15 100/97S 6PR

I'm looking at these RIMs but want to make sure the offset is correct (Website suggests ET45)

What do people think?

Regards

Ade

461 - 473 of 473 Posts