VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 2011 T5 Kombi and I just about to have it sprayed and have a rear spoiler fitted to the barn doors,
I was looking to purchase a 2 bike rack that hangs on the LH door but its only just dawned on me after purchasing the parts for the spoiler that this will mean that the bike rack will no longer fit (gutted as the Mrs will kill me :-(
Anyway my question is what is the cheapest alternative, I had in my head that I was spending £250 on a bike rack so need to recover from there some how but go a feeling I'm going to struggle.

There is the option to leave the spoiler off but with no windows in the barn doors I wall hoping this would help over come the vehicle just looking like a van from the rear!

Any help appreciated please

·
Registered
449 Posts
do you have a towbar?you can buy a bike rack to fit to towbar.
Have seen on this forum somewhere,someone cut sections out of the spoiler where the bike rack straps cant fit to the barn door so you can have spoiler and rack(fiamma brand rack)

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
I have barn doors & a spoiler & have fitted a towbar & use a hang on bike rack on it. It's a Pendle one (but not as in 'Pendled') and fits on the towbar bracket leaving the ball free to tow - if needed. It's a 4 bike one which allows 2/3 bikes to be carried well spaced away from the back doors / windows & padded with pipe lagging between them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the 949. It is really good. Travelled to the Italian lakes with 2 bikes and luggage on it and it was awesome.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Sorry for jumping in on thread, but if anyone is interested I have a Thule tow bar mounted bike rack for sale £100, also have the lock to lock it on the tow bar, it will carry 3 bikes. I have just brought a westy one so this is now redundant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts