VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Does anybody know what the difference is between these shocks as i'm out to upgrade mine. Already have H&R springs on the rear and need the relevant shocks to cope with the weight and depth of how much its lowered by :confused:
I've read on here a few have gone for the B6's but wish they got the B4's, but they haven't said what the difference is between them !!
T:

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
B2's are oil filled, plain boring dampers.
B4's are a step up, just plain standard gas dampers, little firmer than stock.
B6's are the sports version, monotube technology, brilliant.
B8's are B6's but shorter, but they don't do them for the T4.
All good stuff.

He aint wrong T:

He wears B6's on his works T4 Hack T:

I have em on the Gulfwagen T:

Trickdaddy Has em T:

Brilliant Kit A:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
T: B6's front and rear all ordered up and a blooming good price too :D
Can't wait to get em, only it means more work to get on with with the van !! finish the conversion...fit s/s exhaust......now the shocks !!! T:

·
Registered
414 Posts
B2's are oil filled, plain boring dampers.
B4's are a step up, just plain standard gas dampers, little firmer than stock.
B6's are the sports version, monotube technology, brilliant.
B8's are B6's but shorter, but they don't do them for the T4.
All good stuff.
Am i right in thinking the B4's are plain black and B6's are lovely Bilstein yellow?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Indeed yellow. The B6's make my high top a stable drive, not crashy at all but very controlled. No road surface has yet unsettled it. Very safe shocks. T:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Fitted my new B6's and 60mm springs from Ade today, will see how its drives tomorrow, looks sweet with the 18's I have just fitted too

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I have got weitec springs on the back, will blistein B6 be ok with them or should I go for weitecs dampers? Also HD or normal B6. I have 2000 reg caravelle and have converted back to camper, don't really carry huge weights around although know my weitec springs are the heavy duty ones.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
F:*K i made a big BOOBOO !! yesterday ordered me B6's but unfortunately thought they were for a FULL set.........no it was just for a pair !! What a idiot i am. Have tried to cancel the order but don't think i'll find out till tomorrow, fingers crossed they will cancel it :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts