VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to see if anyone else has experienced any problems with B6's and a lowered van.

I fitted some B6's a year ago to a T4 caravelle with 50mm good quality springs. I have just MOTed the van for the garage (who fitted the dampers and springs) to say that they feel the dampers are excessively soggy, enough to note as an advisory, especially as these are premium dampers not cheap specials! There is no sign of any leaks or damage to the units.

I have spoken with the supplier who has told me there is a two year guarantee but they will need to go back to Bilstein to examine and if no problem will bill for time and postage which is only fair I suppose.

My dilema is that I cannot remove as the van is my family transport and if no one has experienced any problems I will have to reassess if it would be worth it. I did save up after reading the forum as they seemed to be the best available but the garage who are t4 owners and experienced say they are not impressed with their performance!

Any feedback appreciated even if just to reassure me that most are great. Thank you

Dave

·
Registered
225 Posts
Have you driven it at all with those dampers on? I've had it before where a new damper that has sat on the shelf for a while needs to be pumped a few times before it works to full opperation

·
Registered
436 Posts
Most new dampers benefit from a good pump up [prime] before instalation, thats what i,ve found in the hundreds of motorcycle shocks i,ve fitted over the years

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
I have B4s and pumped 'em well before fitting. Standard ride hight. I have to say, for the money they cost I was well disappointed. No discernible difference to the 3 year old Sachs that I took off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. They have been fitted for a year and driven. In terms of waranty I have been told it is two years. Thanks
Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts