VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I recently bought a set of vmaxx coilovers for my bus but after reading a bit more into suspension setups I am debating changing to bilstein b6 dampers or avo. Anyone got any advice? :confused:

Thanks

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
b6 if you are running at a sensible drop..any more than 60mm and you want be getting the full benefit of running those shocks,a bit of a waste of money..

avo's if you intend on running the coilovers on the rear low..adjustable as well..

b6's are by far the better shock,no questions,but not for the really low vans,tag them with a 40/50mm drop and you aint getting much better..

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Hey I recently bought a set of vmaxx coilovers for my bus but after reading a bit more into suspension setups I am debating changing to bilstein b6 dampers or avo. Anyone got any advice? :confused:

Thanks
I rang around for B6 today and no one seemed to have stock, Bilstein are saying around March time according to one seller,
you may want to consider that.

I am looking at GAZ Adjustables myself as I can't get the B6.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. Colese I plan on running about a 60mm drop. Can you give me any more info as to why the b6 shocks are no good when going low? They are the shorter ones. Is 70 mm too low with b6s and at 70mm do I need to start modding bumpstops etc

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Getting them from t4srus. Here is my situation, the other week I bought a set of v-maxx "coilovers" from them but after opening the box I was a little disappointed with the visual quality of the shocks. I know you shouldn't always judge on looks but I am a perfectionist. So I dug a little deeper into popular suspension setups and the b6 and avo kept coming up.

I haven't yet fitted the v-maxx and t4srus say I can exchange them but I am not sure what to do. I went for the v-maxx as I like the idea of the adjustable rear height without having to buy new springs.

So I'm in a bit of a quandary. Do I just keep the v-maxx and run with them or go for something else.

By the way colese If I had thought I would have come to you for my suspension, sorry fella

Jon :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts