VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

iam wanting to fit full set of bilsteins which i can get from the states from a dealer who is happy to ship at a decent price,,nion half what they are in the uk:cool:

my question is which ones are better ones to go for,
iam curtain theres a few models,,all iam wanting is for our van to handle verrry well,,,,iam dropping it at the rear using the performance/sports Eibach"s 40 ish mm plus at the front to keep her level:cool:,,,& in the near ish future fitting a rear anti roll bar oh Y:,,,the van is not going to be fully campered so dont have to worry about the weight too much,,more rock & roll, bed,maybe a sub,,& camping gear chucked in the back when we go away Eg small ish camping stove & what not that type of thing,,,any help advice T: :)

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Hi folks

iam wanting to fit full set of bilsteins which i can get from the states from a dealer who is happy to ship at a decent price,,nion half what they are in the uk:cool:

iam curtain theres a few models,,all iam wanting is for our van to handle verrry well,,,,iam dropping it at the rear using the performance/sports Eibach"s 40 ish mm plus at the front to keep her level:cool:,,,& in the near ish future fitting a rear anti roll bar oh Y:,,,the van is not going to be fully campered so dont have to worry about the weight too much,,more rock & roll, bed,maybe a sub,,& camping gear chucked in the back when we go away Eg small ish camping stove & what not that type of thing,,,any help advice T: :)

Bilstein B6 sports are the ones you want

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Hi folks

dependant on price, i might be interested

i will have to replace my shocks soon but a deal would make look sooner

:ILU:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dependant on price, i might be interested

i will have to replace my shocks soon but a deal would make look sooner

:ILU:
,,,,thanks for getting back to me mate,,,i will ask the seller what he could do for a bulk ish buyT:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
i would like some new shocks too.

;)

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Anything imported to the UK outside the EU is liable to VAT (15% plus a handling fee).. You even pay VAT on the shipping cost.. so factor this in when buying from the US as a potential add on. I have B6's fitted and they are spot on. It might be worth contacting a UK supplier for a bulk buy price for comparison of shipping some in from the US

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Anything imported to the UK outside the EU is liable to VAT (15% plus a handling fee).. You even pay VAT on the shipping cost.. so factor this in when buying from the US as a potential add on. I have B6's fitted and they are spot on. It might be worth contacting a UK supplier for a bulk buy price for comparison of shipping some in from the US
You'll pay a total of 25% thats 15% VAT and 10% import tax.It could still work out ok,we really do get humped on the price of parts in this country

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You'll pay a total of 25% thats 15% VAT and 10% import tax.It could still work out ok,we really do get humped on the price of parts in this country
,,,,,iam awaiting reply from seller Ref: bulk buy,,,totally agree it takes the f:*:* pi:*:* how we get treated in this country as far as paying TAX goes these MP"s wanting getting rid of all they do is look after them selfs not the hard working jo public:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:..................................

now breathe lolLOL: you have to laugh or you"d cry:)hang on in there guys/gals i will let you know when i knowT:,,,,,i got quoted £135 for "ONE" bilstein damper + P&P:eek: uk supplier,,if the guy who i can get them from is gen then its silly how much we are getting conned in this heavily priced land we live in

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi folks

only quoting the man...man!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yep B6's ya want probley the best shock you can buy for a T4 tried and tested as regards to a bulk buy have you tried the Brickwerks they do a good deal on B6's but remember yellow billys are never gonna be cheap because they are just too damn good!T:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am definitely interested in this! Am going to buy shocks and springs this week so would love to get costs for B4's 7 B6's.

,,,,,iam awaiting reply from seller Ref: bulk buy,,,totally agree it takes the f:*:* pi:*:* how we get treated in this country as far as paying TAX goes these MP"s wanting getting rid of all they do is look after them selfs not the hard working jo public:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:..................................

now breathe lolLOL: you have to laugh or you"d cry:)hang on in there guys/gals i will let you know when i knowT:,,,,,i got quoted £135 for "ONE" bilstein damper + P&P:eek: uk supplier,,if the guy who i can get them from is gen then its silly how much we are getting conned in this heavily priced land we live in

1 - 20 of 125 Posts